Customer Service 866.965.0400

Customer Issues

Dreamworkz

Question

On Thursday I did a full detail on a family friends '11 Ford F250 crew cab (strip wash, clay, wax, vacuum and shampoo carpets, clean and apply product to seats and interior panels). It's a pretty big job especially for a full size truck. I figured I'd give them a deal and only do it for $300 which is pretty darn reasonable. Before I did the job I told her what I was going to do and how much I would charge her and she agreed. Mined you this couple owns a successful HVAC company. I finish the job in one day and she was very impressed. Cut me a check for $300 and I was on my way.

A few hours go by and I get a call from the husband, who is really good friends with my father and he tells me that I charged way too much and "I thought we were friends here" and I should give some of the money back to his wife. I told him that I gave her a huge steal on my service and had used a lot of my product for the vehicle.

My question is, what should I do? Should I give them some money back or nothing at all or should I just give them the entire check back and say screw it? My family has been friends with them for a very long time and it pisses me off that they think they should get **** done for free.

Dream Workz Auto Detailing using Tapatalk

Well, here's what I did. I gave him the money back, all of it. Showed him what the real price was and he was shocked of my discount I gave him. I shook his hand and he told me that if I need any HVAC work done to give him a call and he'll do it for free, which will be nice since the wife and I are looking at buying a house within a year.

Dream Workz Auto Detailing using Tapatalk

:thumbsup: I just wonder if he will remember that hand shake when you find that new house, then you will be able to tell what the guy is really all about.

Here is my opinion. I don't trust HVAC guys at all, really except for 1. The company that put my system in. Long story, and some may know that story from previous post's in other threads. Who is to say that he did all this work for you if and when you do go to use him and he didn't do a thing. It may be different if your having supply or return lines added, something that you can see was done. But just a simple tune up as they call it isn't worth the money IMO. And it definitely isn't worth a full correction or the work that you did for him. My worry is that he is going to do a simple tuneup if and when you use him and he is going to think that your square and your not going to think that things are. Which they aren't. I have had these services done in the past and to be honest what they do is nothing special that I can't and don't do my self. Atleast that has been my experience.

If it were me I would just walk away and not use his services. Reason being as I stated he is going to think that doing a tune up is going to even things out. Now if your in need of a new equipment and he shows you, and is honest, with what he pays for the stuff and what he charges it may be a different story. Sorry about the ramble and I apologize if it isn't making any sense.