Customer Service 866.965.0400

So is Quick Sealant enough to protect the paint....

phess11

Question

14 answers to this question

....or do you always need to wax over it? ...or is waxing over it just improve the shine. I am mostly interested in protecting the paint.

thanks,

phil

Phil,

Adam's Quick Sealant is just fine as a last step Protection product, or if you want, you can layer over it with Brilliant Glaze and APW. It is just fine by itself though.

Mook

All I use is AQS... Nothing more!

Dude, you're missing out on many fine products!:lolsmack:

I keep finding more, but so far this is my favorite use for AQS: http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/general-detailing-discussion-questions/20214.htm

It makes cleaning bugs off the front of my truck so easy (also credit to WW)!

Dude, you're missing out on many fine products!:lolsmack:

I keep finding more, but so far this is my favorite use for AQS: http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/general-detailing-discussion-questions/20214.htm

It makes cleaning bugs off the front of my truck so easy (also credit to WW)!

And I own almost every one of them... :bow:

By itself QS will give you a ton of protection... the main reason people wax over the top is for the added gloss/shine, but it does also add another layer of 'sacrificial' protection.

A coat of wax over your sealant is like protection for your protection... if that makes sense. The wax will take the brunt of the exposure until it fails, then the sealant will be your primary protection.

By itself QS will give you a ton of protection... the main reason people wax over the top is for the added gloss/shine, but it does also add another layer of 'sacrificial' protection.

A coat of wax over your sealant is like protection for your protection... if that makes sense. The wax will take the brunt of the exposure until it fails, then the sealant will be your primary protection.

Great answer Dylan! One other thing worth mentioning is QS is so quick to apply, I think that it took me a whole 20-30 min. to do my Ram.

Probably a frequent question.. But does MSS and QS offer the same protection and longevity? QS just being the spray version which is easier to apply?

sent from your HTC Rezound

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/machine-polishing/18147.htm

Basically, a glossier look on darker paint and slightly longer longevity.

The reason I use quick sealant is when I'm putting Americana over it. There's a 30 minute cure time compared to a 24 hour cure time with MSS.