Customer Service 866.965.0400

Wax and glaze question

PLATINUM DETAILING

Question

Guys I was wondering, I did a full detail with paint correction. Now I glazed and finished off with carnauba wax. Now every time I wash it, I just hit it with quick detail spray and it's back to the day I cleaned it. Here comes the bad part :x I have brought it to the car wash (power washed all dirt off first) now should I hit it with the detail spray or wax? I don't want to lose that nice wet look and I want the paint to remain protected. Also does glaze eat away at the wax protection if I want to just apply it for a car show of something?

5 answers to this question

Explain: "every time I wash it I just hit it with quick detail spray" You're using the DS in lieu of a complete two bucket wash or just using the DS as a drying agent?

No problem taking the car to a car wash and hitting it with the pressure wand. The problem is if you use the car washes brush to wipe against your cars finish. If my car's dirty enough, and it's cold enough out to have to be taken to the car wash for a hose off I don't use the brush or touch the paint afterwards with anything. Once it warms back up a bit I'll do a full two bucket wash.

The solvent in the BG will remove the wax over time if you apply it regularly over top. I only apply over top of the Americana just before a show.

Guys I was wondering, I did a full detail with paint correction. Now I glazed and finished off with carnauba wax. Now every time I wash it, I just hit it with quick detail spray and it's back to the day I cleaned it. Here comes the bad part :x I have brought it to the car wash (power washed all dirt off first) now should I hit it with the detail spray or wax? I don't want to lose that nice wet look and I want the paint to remain protected. Also does glaze eat away at the wax protection if I want to just apply it for a car show of something?

To clarify, the dirt was only blasted with the pressure from the power washer? So there hasn't been anything on it to agitate the remaining dirt off the paint?

Whatever you choose to do, make sure the surface is clean. Simply using a pressure washer to knock stuff off the paint isn't cleaning anything, it's knocking heavy stuff off.

DS is great for after washes. APW is IMO prime to re-apply once every 8 weeks. BG goes under the wax, and I apply that to my paint every 6 and 8 weeks. At the 8 week mark, I re-wax also. I do however use BG on my glass after every wash.

Mook

I agree with Mook, the only thing is I never use Brilliant on top of the wax. Since it does contain cleaners, I have found that it will take off the wax. Usually only detail spray after washing, unless I have enough time then I might add a coat of Buttery Wax on top if it's been a few weeks since last waxing.

As others have already stated, using Brilliant Glaze after a wash is fine for before a show but most will only do it if they intend on re-waxing in the near future anyways. What I will usually do if it has been a little bit since my last detail and Americana application, and I want some extra pop with minimal effort, I get out my old friend Buttery Wax. :)

Explain: "every time I wash it I just hit it with quick detail spray" You're using the DS in lieu of a complete two bucket wash or just using the DS as a drying agent?

No problem taking the car to a car wash and hitting it with the pressure wand. The problem is if you use the car washes brush to wipe against your cars finish. If my car's dirty enough, and it's cold enough out to have to be taken to the car wash for a hose off I don't use the brush or touch the paint afterwards with anything. Once it warms back up a bit I'll do a full two bucket wash.

The solvent in the BG will remove the wax over time if you apply it regularly over top. I only apply over top of the Americana just before a show.

after I use a 2 bucket wash I will dry the car with the adam's towel and hit it with detail spray. Sometimes though I just don't have time and will bring it to the car wash. (I power wash all hard dirt off before I send it through the car wash) they have a power washer before they send the car through the tunnel. and than after I dry it i'll hit it with quick detail spray to bring the shine back. and every 2 weeks i'll apply buttery wax just to maintain the original protection of the carnauba wax. when the weather warms up after this winter, than no more car wash for me.

A friend of mine has a brand new ram 1500 black and only has washed it at this car wash and has maybe 1 swirl in his entire paint. this car wash seems to do a decent job. all the rich people with gt-r's, merecedes,bmw,porsches bring their car there. for $45 a month as many times as you want, it's a pretty good deal.