Customer Service 866.965.0400

Truck decision help gmc vs ram

ExpressThis13

Although it not a new truck I just got a 2005 Ram2500 5.9. I love it. Its a bit more truck than what i need it for but had to have my diesel.

Sunday I had a problem with my 5.9 and asked my neighbor to borrow his Ram2500 Hemi to pick people up at Newark airport. I told him I'd put gas in it. $81 later I returned it.

Hemi's are gas hogs IMO so if you are doing alot of Hwy driving keep that in mind

in exactly 1 week the new GM truck design will be revealed.

And I'll be a father for the 2nd time! :jester:

Unless Chevy hits one out of the park, I think RAM is my next vehicle.

ALL V8's are gas hogs IMO. Also, what final drive did he have and the new 8 speed trans is supposed to really help with MPG as well. The new VVT and DOD can help too.

Im sorry if this comes off s rude because i dont mean for it to be, but you have a colorado . that truck was made by isuzu and it is a POS in my opinion. The sierra/silverados are worlds better than colorados.

I agree^ the canyon-Colorado is straight garbage. I know a few people with them and they are nothin but problems. The full size gm truck are a whole different world.

You haven't mentioned your take on both trucks.

You need to start with the pros and cons. Base these on driving the truck, not a spec sheet.

Comparing the 2 models shown, I would get the ram. Better engine, has a 6speed tranny, looks great, sounds great to.

I own a Chevy and love Ford. Lol you need to compare within your own boundaries.

I'm pretty sure the 8speed rams are only being released on top models.

tap a talka thingy

personally, i would wait and see what comes out, chances of either truck being sold in that week is slim.

personally i love my GMC, which is an 03, and my gf's 2011 is even nicer, Her truck i can get 22 mpg highway, its quick, rides smooth. I rode in a 2011 dodge, ran good, didnt get as good of mileage, and just felt bouncy to me.

I do not like the fords strictly because of the gas mileage, the only way you can get decent mpg's is the ecoboost which is an expensive option, and it doesnt have the torque of the v8.

i would wait and see what the new GM body style is going to be

I do not like the fords strictly because of the gas mileage, the only way you can get decent mpg's is the ecoboost which is an expensive option, and it doesnt have the torque of the v8.

Yeah... The torque on the EB V6 is more than the Hemi in the Ram. It's over 400LBFT.

The 3.7L is 300+bhp and gets VERY good MPG and the 5.0 is no slouch. The 6.2 is a gas hog, but it's also boasting pretty decent numbers. :2thumbs:

Maybe I'm too brand loyal, but I've never considered anything but Chevy/GMC trucks. But I have enough experience with Fords to know that the biggest difference is merely personal preference. I prefer the styling and interior/ergonomics of the GM, but I admit the F-150 is right there with it in quality and just about every measurable category.

For some reason, despite this area being dominated by pickups, I hardly see any Rams on the road. I can only think of two people I've ever known to own one. I've read good reviews of the newer models, but I can't help but wonder why they don't sell better.

Maybe I'm too brand loyal, but I've never considered anything but Chevy/GMC trucks. But I have enough experience with Fords to know that the biggest difference is merely personal preference. I prefer the styling and interior/ergonomics of the GM, but I admit the F-150 is right there with it in quality and just about every measurable category.

For some reason, despite this area being dominated by pickups, I hardly see any Rams on the road. I can only think of two people I've ever known to own one. I've read good reviews of the newer models, but I can't help but wonder why they don't sell better.

I think they've addressed those issues from what I'm seeing in the 2013. Less weight yet stronger frame, more tech, better interior products used in 2013 and last but not least, a decent V6 engine and a new 8 speed transmission. :2thumbs:

Yeah... The torque on the EB V6 is more than the Hemi in the Ram. It's over 400LBFT.

The 3.7L is 300+bhp and gets VERY good MPG and the 5.0 is no slouch. The 6.2 is a gas hog, but it's also boasting pretty decent numbers. :2thumbs:

My tuned f250 is pushing about 1250ft lb.

That's not accurate at all. I own a 2012 crewcab fx4 (3.73 gear ratio)with the 5.0 I can get 20-21 mpg all day long on the highway at the posted 70mph speed limit. The power far exceeds that of 5.3 that gm runs and I owned one of the current gen gmc's before I got the ford.

also the ecoboost comes it @ 365hp/420ft/lbs of torque. achieving max torque and a very low rpm.

OP, if you are only choosing between the dodge and chevy. I still vote dodge but i urge you to highly consider the f-150.

.^^^^

Correct. The 5.0 is much stronger than my 5.3, tons more low end tq.

The Eccoboost is on a different level. Best light to medium truck engine on the market by far.

Still, between these two. I would get the ram

tap a talka thingy

Go drive both and then decide from there. The Fords are high as they are PROUD of them lol. The EB is a cool engine but wait until you see a 100k and have to replace turbos. Now if they made a regular cab short bed ecoboost I would look at it pretty hard.

Go drive both and then decide from there. The Fords are high as they are PROUD of them lol. The EB is a cool engine but wait until you see a 100k and have to replace turbos. Now if they made a regular cab short bed ecoboost I would look at it pretty hard.

I know my f250 comes standard with a 5 year 100k mile power train warranty.