Customer Service 866.965.0400

Using PC with MP2?

nefarious

Question

Alright, my wheels are polished aluminum with no coating and are a bear to maintain (monthly maintenance still takes hours). So, could I use my PC or another machine to help speed the process along?

If so, what pad?

Here's a pic of the wheels for reference.

12 answers to this question

Why not order two 4" pads for metal (blue), hit them with metal polish 1&2 using either a cordless driil or a pc, then throw quick sealant on them and use a boars hair brush with some diluted car shampoo in a spray bottle to maintain them?

Ok, so I must be blind because I scoured the machine pad page looking for a metal pad and not once did I see the blue metal polish pad.

Thanks for pointing that out.

With that out of the way. Please tell me more about the brush & spray bottle method.

Ok, so I must be blind because I scoured the machine pad page looking for a metal pad and not once did I see the blue metal polish pad.

Thanks for pointing that out.

With that out of the way. Please tell me more about the brush & spray bottle method.

Adam's Polishes - Adam's FOCUS 4" Metal Polishing Pad

If you want to get a little crazy and maybe make your life easier, why not do the above steps and after the quick sealant throw some BG and Americana on top of that. That should make them like a mirror. I'm still kinda new at this stuff myself, I'm sure the pro's will chime in when they wake up. Post up some before and after pics though!:lurk:

Well the sealant will degrade if you use the apc or gwc on it once you seal it. So i was told to dilute some Adams shampoo in a spray bottle and use that with the boars hair brush to clean the rims once they are sealed, instead of using chemicals. That way I'm not stripping the sealant.

Ahh gotcha. I already don't use chemicals to clean the wheels because its to easy for them to etch the aluminum. So I just use dish soap and water but I like you're idea.

The dish soap isn't helping your case... its going to be harsher than necessary and cause the raw metal to cloud over faster.

Try using our car wash (pH neutral) and I'm willing to be the amount of polishing you have to do is greatly reduced.

I did not know that. When I had the wheels refinished the shop suggested using dish soap.

I'd venture to say 80% of all shops out there have no clue how to actually maintain and care for something. You can usually tell by how clean their floors are.

Use some Quick Sealant to protect all that shine, and stop you from having to polish them out so frequently.

:2thumbs:

I'd venture to say 80% of all shops out there have no clue how to actually maintain and care for something. You can usually tell by how clean their floors are.

Use some Quick Sealant to protect all that shine, and stop you from having to polish them out so frequently.

:2thumbs:

You'd be correct, I worked at a body shop and they washed the cars with one bucket and like a nylon bristle brush.