Customer Service 866.965.0400

Just a thought here...

This is just a thought, and I'm sure someone will say "if you email this to them there is a specific address". Yes, I'm aware of that information and I'm also aware that Mook and Dylan are on top of these threads. I'm putting this out there to see how many forum members agree with it.

I read somewhere in a post last night about a new product that was in R&D. So I thought to myself, it would be pretty cool if Adam's started a section where they listed "new" products that they are currently looking to research and develop. It would give members like us the opportunity to provide input and maybe lead the Adam's team in a direction the members would like to see the products developed. This would eliminate having to redesign products that come out (although I'm not too sure anything has been redesigned thus far) if the members started buying products and then everyone says "it is a great product, but would have been better if...... It would also give members some input as to what products are being developed so they don't go to other manufacturers and buy those products now, because they weren't aware Adam's was releasing them soon (example: Foam gun, new tire brush, carpet scrubbing brush, etc). There are a wide variety of members here who are very talented in many different areas of developing and designing things, so why not put their expertise to use for free? It would also motivate more members to come back to the forum more often so they can see the newest ideas being developed. In the end we all win.:bow:

Anybody agree or am I the only one here?

I think this would be a good idea and maybe give done insight of what everyone is looking for in a particular product.

It can't hurt to talk and brainstorm.

Oh and I don't need new products to come back, I get on just to see all the shiny things on 4 wheels.

How I see it, that's the other part to this whole forum. Plus, you already have a Product Suggestion Sub-Forum. I love the fact we get the input we do as it is. Trust me, we get more than you think.

The other side to this is: We need to keep some things we are working on a secret. The little teasers of Brushes, and Towels...that's ok to leak. However, a few things, mainly anything we are launching as new, re-working or re-formulating, we already take into account suggestions and whatnot, it's just better for everyone involved if we keep those on the down low.

Mook

What I meant was I see another post where Dylan was asking for someone to provide feedback after using a competitors product. Why not start a thread (since its obviously not a secret at this point) where hundreds among thousands of forum users provide feedback so the product is created around what the majority needs. Not saying you have to reveal all the company secrets.

Don't forget, "too many cools spoil the broth"

This could be good or bad. can everyone accept that their idea may have a flaw, adds too much cost or just plain won't work. Will someone get mad because their great idea was overlooked.

Have you ever tried to get 10 people to agree to something, let alone 2000.

Obviously there won't be 2000 people commenting at once. But if you push out a new product and let's say 10-20 people come back saying it needs an improvement, wouldn't it have been financially wiser if those suggestions could have been brought up before the final product was pushed out?