Customer Service 866.965.0400

Aluminum Face with chrome lip

O2ShootTheJ

Question

I have some Forza Forged 3-piece wheels that have a brushed aluminum face with chrome lips. I plan to daily drive the car, and was wondering what the best way to clean them and keep them in good condition would be.

I was thinking the car shampoo to clean them, and then hit them with the quick sealant?

Thanks

6eIMO.jpg

GCvjy.jpg

6 answers to this question

Welcome to AF Dan, and fellow Audi owner!

Sick car my friend, I may have to look at those wheels as an option for my RS. If you wouldn't mind, could you PM me where you got them?

Once you have them all cleaned up and sealed, you are correct, some Car Shampoo in a spray bottle is great for weekly maintenance. Are they clear coated brushed aluminum? If they are aren't, you can use MP on them, if they are clear coated, you can use anything you would use on paint to clean them up. Revive is a great option.

-D

Thanks guys! Jim I bought the car with them on there so unfortunately I'm not sure where exactly you can get them. I do know they're made to order and take 4-6 weeks to be made. The price tag is up there too, that's why I want to make sure to protect them!

They're currently covered in snow and ice :/ haven't been driving it because I don't want salt all over them.

Anyways, i'm not sure if the centers have a clear or not, is there any way to tell other than buy the metal polish and seeing if it turns black? I rubbed some debris off a spoke with my finger and it turned my finger black, but it very well may have just been brake dust?

Unless HORRIBLE, I use a couple of tablespoons of Adams Car Wash in a 16oz bottle filled with water. I use the boars hair brush and it works great.

You can usually see the clear coat with the naked eye. It should have a bit of orange peel look to it.

Chris