Customer Service 866.965.0400

1995 Ferrari F355 Berlinetta

dsmith2013

I had the opportunity to detail this beautiful Ferrari 355 recently. I haven't posted a write up before, but I felt this car was worth sharing so bare with me. A couple of the pictures are a little out of focus. I posted this on another forum, but it would have been wrong to not post it on the forum that got me started doing this in the first place! Also, to follow the rules of this forum, I will only list the products I have purchased from Adam's.

Adam's Products Used:

Car Shampoo

5 gallon Detail Kit Buckets with Grit Guards

All Purpose Cleaner

9"x9" Wash Pad

Trim and Lug Nut Brush

20" Fender Brush

Boar's Hair Wheel Brush

Wheel Woolies

Detail Spray

Great White Drying Towel

Single Soft Towels

Glass Cleaner and Glass Towels

Leather and Interior Cleaner

Leather and Interior Cleaning Brush

Leather Conditioner

Interior Dressing Applicator

Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner

Carpet Cleaning Brush

Super VRT

Hex-Grip Pro Tire Dressing Applicator

Invisible Undercarriage Spray

Metal Polish #1 and #2

Brilliant Glaze

7" Red Glaze Pad

Americana

Flex 3401 VRG

This was the condition of the paint when it arrived. Pretty much representative of the entire car.

IMG_0675_zps7ffe5d4c.jpg

IMG_0676_zps2074b4dc.jpg

IMG_0678_zpsc0f45a73.jpg

A couple of the interior.

IMG_0716_zpsc08be485.jpg

IMG_0684_zps890f0dea.jpg

Backed it out of the garage to foam it down and give it a proper two-bucket wash.

IMG_0732_zps1b0a04a3.jpg

Pulled it back inside, clayed it, dried it, and inspected the real damage.

IMG_0743_zps07b180f5.jpg

50/50 of driver's door.

IMG_0744_zpsfcf14b3c.jpg

Corrected scoop.

IMG_0761_zpsd1f31ac3.jpg

Corrected rear quarter panel.

IMG_0769_zps3e0ef3e1.jpg

Engine lid taped up.

IMG_0765_zpsa040758c.jpg

50/50 of engine lid.

IMG_0764_zps5ecc3c90.jpg

Tail light 50/50. Right one polished, left one not.

IMG_0778_zps34811ce4.jpg

Exhaust tips. Before and after.

IMG_0780_zps24f54a3f.jpg

IMG_0779_zpsae5454b3.jpg

One last picture I thought was cool.

IMG_0785_zps5f35a038.jpg

AFTERS!

IMG_0798_zps2beed391.jpg

IMG_0795_zpsc093cf9b.jpg

IMG_0796_zps886b32d6.jpg

IMG_0801_zps040d8773.jpg

IMG_0803_zps33ca2bf4.jpg

IMG_0812_zpsabcbbc17.jpg

IMG_0809_zpsd86e23ad.jpg

I'm not sure if I was more happy the way the paint turned out after polishing or the leather after cleaning and conditioning. Either way, the car looked amazing.

Great looking finished product. The thing that I wonder about is someone bringing in such a fine car in such terrible condition, does he get the difference after you take out all of those swirls? I am just disgusted when I see a car like that looking like it did in the before shots. Of course that's what keeps you in business, but what is their reaction when they see what it should look like?

Thanks everyone for the compliments! I was considering opening my own paint correction/professional detailing business after I graduate from college in the Spring, and all of the positive feedback gives me some assurance that I could make customers happy.

Great looking finished product. The thing that I wonder about is someone bringing in such a fine car in such terrible condition, does he get the difference after you take out all of those swirls? I am just disgusted when I see a car like that looking like it did in the before shots. Of course that's what keeps you in business, but what is their reaction when they see what it should look like?

This car was actually raced on a roadcourse most of it's life, and for a Ferrari, it has quite a bit of miles on it. So I wasn't too surprised by it's condition. I explained to the owner everything about swirls and how to properly wash the car without creating them. He definitely noticed the difference after removing the swirls and wanted me to recommend products to use to keep the car looking it's best. So I told him about the two bucket method and such. Also, I turned him to Adam's to buy all of the products to properly wash and maintain his car.