Customer Service 866.965.0400

PC just arrived, and now I am nervous

fkumro

Question

It's a whole different feeling watching others use the PC and detail their cars. Adam makes it look effortless in the dvds :2thumbs: Now that I am holding the PC I am nervous about messing my vette up, is it as easy as it looks ?

I worry too much :lolsmack:

Thanks,

Frank

From my experience the only way you could mess up your Vette with a PC is if you tried to. Ease into it and do a little at a time. It will certainly take time for you to become totally comfortable using a new machine/product/technique but you will get there. Watch the videos again if needed, remember not to apply too much pressure to the PC (let it do the work), and take it slow. You will be amazed at the results you will get using this new tool.

Good luck. Post up some before and after pictures if you get a chance.

:pc:

I understand the nervousness. I got a Griot's Garage random orbital a little over a year ago and I didn't use it for about a month because I was "nervous" and afraid I would mess up my paint. When I finally used it on my Miata, I was amazed. It was so easy to use and did a fantastic job. I have since polished my 350Z and my Dodge Caravan. They look outstanding.

I just bought the three inch Griot's Garage random orbital as well. It is great for small areas where the 6" won't fit. It works great for headlights, wheels and small areas around the side mirrors.

Just start working with it and you will be ok.

Les

Thanks for all the advice, I'll just have to jump in and do it. I still have a few weeks until the vette comes out of storage so if I gets warm enough I will try my DD first.

Thanks!!

-Frank

Also when you say 'breaks down' is this something I will be able to see?

I was also nervous about it...fast moving parts in the hands of a noob, yikes. But, in the end, it wasnt that big of a deal. Almost fool-proof to use.

For me, the biggest problem was that I was TOO careful with it and I wasnt pressing down hard enough. There are situations in which you can just 'let the polisher do the work' and you dont have to press down. there are others in which you have to use some pressure and knock out those tougher imperfections.

One word of advice: its addictive!

Also when you say 'breaks down' is this something I will be able to see?

Yes, it will start to turn translucent. At that point you should be good to wipe it off. It is not like wax there is no cure time. Just spread it, work it then wipe it off. Watch the video's and ask any questions you can think of, don't be afraid to stop and ask more questions if you think something is wrong, that is what we are here for :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

But it's not rocket sience, you'll be a pro in no time !!!!!

Well I just finished with an exterior detail of my challenger - the first for this car, and also my first experience with the PC. My advice: do NOT use the handle to hold on to the machine. By the end of the first panel with all the vibrations I couldn't feel my fingertips. I was impressed with how easy the machine was to use, but I was also disappointed because there were a bunch of surface scratches that didn't come out. It's also quite possible that I didn't do something right but I don't know. I took a bunch of before pictures, and the next two days will be snowing here in NY so the after pictures may have to wait a few days. But here is a preview:

Before:

DSC00019.jpg

After:

DSC00023.jpg

DSC00024.jpg

And many many more to come within the next few days as long as I get a break in the weather.

and also my first experience with the PC.

but I was also disappointed because there were a bunch of surface scratches that didn't come out. It's also quite possible that I didn't do something right but I don't know.

Looks great :rockon::rockon::rockon:

Like you said, it was your first time using the PC. Don't be disappointed that all of the scratches didn't come out. It does take some time to get your technique down. I'm sure you'll have that finish perfect in no time :2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:

Looks great :rockon::rockon::rockon:

Like you said, it was your first time using the PC. Don't be disappointed that all of the scratches didn't come out. It does take some time to get your technique down. I'm sure you'll have that finish perfect in no time :2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:

Thanks! Tomorrow is the interior :help: lol

Thanks! Tomorrow is the interior :help: lol

Don't be intimidated by the interior, it always goes much faster than you think it will :2thumbs: Just remember to do the glass last in case you get any VRT on it while doing the dash or door panels, and for gods sake TAKE SOME PICTURES :lolsmack::lolsmack::lolsmack::lolsmack:

We love pictures :2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:

Don't be intimidated by the interior, it always goes much faster than you think it will :2thumbs: Just remember to do the glass last in case you get any VRT on it while doing the dash or door panels, and for gods sake TAKE SOME PICTURES :lolsmack::lolsmack::lolsmack::lolsmack:

We love pictures :2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:

Nah the interior doesn't bother me, usually goes pretty quick. I'm hoping this weather clears up soon I want to see what this thing looks like in the outside world.

Well I just finished with an exterior detail of my challenger - the first for this car, and also my first experience with the PC. My advice: do NOT use the handle to hold on to the machine. By the end of the first panel with all the vibrations I couldn't feel my fingertips. I was impressed with how easy the machine was to use, but I was also disappointed because there were a bunch of surface scratches that didn't come out. It's also quite possible that I didn't do something right but I don't know. I took a bunch of before pictures, and the next two days will be snowing here in NY so the after pictures may have to wait a few days. But here is a preview:

Before:

DSC00019.jpg

After:

DSC00023.jpg

DSC00024.jpg

And many many more to come within the next few days as long as I get a break in the weather.

Looks awesome Jeff :glasses: