Customer Service 866.965.0400

Bose SoundLink or Sonos?

MAYBEN

I received a gift for Christmas this year that I returned after the return period since it took a while to get the receipt from my Brother-in-Law.

Anyways, Best Buy allowed the return but said that I had to spend the store credit that night. Well the Wife and I have wanted something for music mainly for our back yard.. we thought about speakers, but you still need something to drive them..

We left with the Bose SoundLink Air and it sounds decent so far. But since I didn't get to research it, I wonder if I made the right choice. If not, I can return it and get something else.

Anyone have either the Bose or Sonos? What do you like/dislike?

I have a Sonos Play 5 in my garage. I love it. One of the biggest differences in the Sonos and the Soundlink is the wireless technology. I am pretty sure the Soundlink uses bluetooth while the Sonos uses is own proprietary technology. The differences is that the bluetooth transmitter has to be within range of the speaker. This is also true for the Sonos, but it works with your wireless router and has a much larger range (good to go anywhere in my house). Furthermore, in my opinion, the Sonos technology delivers better sound than bluetooth. Bose is a pretty good speaker, but I prefer Sonos.

I love my soundlink ll! Never heard the other model, but you pretty much can't go wrong with a bose IMO.

Agreed, Bose is like the Adam's of the audio world. Don't have the sound link but have had the lifestyle v20 system for 5 years or so and love it. Just like Adam's, their customer service is also top notch. Wife had to call one time for troubleshooting purposes and she knows nothing about audio equipment, the Bose customer service rep walked her right through exactly what to do over the phone. Every time I have called them to help me out with something the very first person I spoke with was very knowledgeable and knew exactly what to do

Good lord, I hope not. The quality is very poor for the cost.

No Highs, no lows.... it must be Bose.

I agree. I think Bose makes a decent product and they sound pretty good. However, I think they are a bit overrated. There are much better alternatives out there for less or same money. Just my opinion.

• 1 month later...
I have a Sonos Play 5 in my garage. I love it. One of the biggest differences in the Sonos and the Soundlink is the wireless technology. I am pretty sure the Soundlink uses bluetooth while the Sonos uses is own proprietary technology. The differences is that the bluetooth transmitter has to be within range of the speakers. This is also true for the Sonos, but it works with your wireless router and has a much larger range (good to go anywhere in my house). Furthermore, in my opinion, the Sonos technology delivers better sound than bluetooth. Bose is a pretty good speaker, but I prefer Sonos.

Bose speaker does produce high sound quality but I am not sure about its working with bluetooth

Edited by Samuelking