Customer Service 866.965.0400

svrt on a/t truck tires, dillute or no?

hemi1300

Question

curious what your guys processes are for applying svrt on a/t truck tires with an aggressive sidewall. Dillute it and apply from a spray bottle, or just use an applicator sponge with normal svrt? For dillution purposes, what is the best ratio, have tried 50/50 a few times but it doesn't seem to spray very evenly and spits small drops of svrt out. Maybe more water in the dillution would work better

13 answers to this question

For dillution purposes, what is the best ratio, have tried 50/50 a few times but it doesn't seem to spray very evenly and spits small drops of svrt out. Maybe more water in the dillution would work better

This is due to your sprayer, not the svrt. Try using one of those little pump spray things you can get from amazon or walmart for about a dollar.

It's the same thing as 204.jpg

just without the all purpose cleaner. Just the bottle. You'll get a nice even spray :)

Interesting, I have one of those tiny sprayers for all purpose cleaner. You're saying this would work better than the normal sprayers? Bad thing is the bottle is so small I would have to refill it every detail

Yup, that's exactly what I'm saying. And you'd be surprised. When you have an even spray you might get a few details out of it :)

If you don't then something you can do is make a big batch of the mix and then shake it and transfer it into the spray bottle as needed. It'll save you time in the long run.

I apply sVRT directly, non-diluted, using block tire sponges. My sidewalls are real knobby and it works. You just have to spend a little time and go in all the nooks and crannies. I have 40" mud tires, so you can definitely do an all terrain with straight VRT and block sponges.

I have used SVRT diluted 50/50 with water in the normal 16 oz bottle with sprayer. Never had any problems with small clumps or drops of non-diluted SVRT coming out of the sprayer. I do shake it up very well when beginning and give it a couple shakes each time I pick it up during the session.

Then I use an applicator to do a quick wipe down to ensure an even coverage on the top surfaces. For rough surfaces like this I do not use the normal tire applicator but use one of the block applicators that I cut in half diagonally (like some people will cut a sandwich). This way I end up with a triangle shaped pad whose corners can more easily and quickly reach into the smaller areas.

Edited by DaveVY

I dress the bulk of tires with straight SVRT where I can, then come back with a 1:1 mixture and spray treat all the tread edges and stuff thats too hard to get with the cream version.

We MIGHT have something coming down thru the development process that will make everyone with difficult to dress tires very happy. secret.gif

I dress the bulk of tires with straight SVRT where I can, then come back with a 1:1 mixture and spray treat all the tread edges and stuff thats too hard to get with the cream version.

We MIGHT have something coming down thru the development process that will make everyone with difficult to dress tires very happy. secret.gif

That would be lovely, the sidewall lugs on these Trail Grapplers are not fun to get SVRT into.