Customer Service 866.965.0400

I found hand tools made in the USA!

colodude18

I always make it a point whenever I buy anything to avoid anything made in China and preferably get products made in the USA.

I needed some new hand tools and after some searching i found this at the Home depot:

022-1_zps5806f24d.jpg

On the package, it reads "Fiercely made in Meadville, PA".

Here's their web site: CHANNELLOCK | CHANNELLOCK Tools, Pliers, Wrenches, and Screwdrivers

Their offering is limited, but who knows, if everyone starts buying their products they may expand the product line! So pass it on!

Been using channel lock tools for years, high quality. Klein tools are also made in USA if you're looking for high quality screwdrivers and such. Few of their tools are china made, but majority are USA. Never buy craftsman anymore, their tool quality has definitely went down hill

Channel lock makes some decent pliers but to be honest if you're using them on a regular basis several times a week the Knipex Cobra is unbeatable in my book. Probably the best pliers on the market without a doubt. It sucks they're made in Germany but they are incredible. The rest of my tool collection is mostly Snap On which for the most part is made in the USA.

Channel lock makes some decent pliers but to be honest if you're using them on a regular basis several times a week the Knipex Cobra is unbeatable in my book. Probably the best pliers on the market without a doubt. It sucks they're made in Germany but they are incredible. The rest of my tool collection is mostly Snap On which for the most part is made in the USA.

Those are on my Amazon wishlist :D

I picked these up right after Christmas:

31LhYUPf60L.jpg

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000X4J2EI/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1]Amazon.com: Knipex 8605250 10-Inch Pliers Wrench - Comfort Grip: Home Improvement[/ame]

I remember my grandfather ..Union Plumber for over 40 years gave me my first Channel Locks when I was 10 fixing my bicycle. He always said.. When your old enough to buy your own tools make sure you have plenty of Channel Locks in your tool box.

Great company that make great tools.

I have a little from every tool maker. You can't beat a pair of Klein linesman pliers !! Knipex is good stuff I have a set set of insulated tools from them and a 3 pcs set of their cobra water pump pliers. I have channel lock water pumps too and a pair from rigid too. Klein and greenlee screwdrivers rock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a little from every tool maker. You can't beat a pair of Klein linesman pliers !! Knipex is good stuff I have a set set of insulated tools from them and a 3 pcs set of their cobra water pump pliers. I have channel lock water pumps too and a pair from rigid too. Klein and greenlee screwdrivers rock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My klein linresmans are indestructible

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD

I thought the only thing Made in the USA at Home Depot were Klein Tools and their employees!

Nice!

I saw some Klein Tools a month or two ago that were not made here IIRC..

and more than a few of the employees were definitely not made here, nor spoke English.. I kept pressing one, but got nowhere..

Nick I seen some Klein tools at HD made in the U.S. and some were not. Surprised me.

Oh yeah and ran into an employee ..tried to ask him for assistance ..found out by another employee that he did not speak English.. I said right to his face you go to be @#$%* kidding me right? This is still an American store in America correct?

• 2 weeks later...

I wish I knew that guys on here were looking for USA-made hand tools. On another forum I am on, for tools and garages, there are quite a few of us who puruse and promote USA-made tools.

Harry J. Epstein is a great online vendor for USA tools. They are a family-run hardware store in Kansas City that has an online store and are GREAT to deal with. They even do custom box art by request on your packages, so you can appease your wife or SO when yet another box shows up for you. maybe I'll start a thread about them in this scetion.

With respect to pliers, Wilde makes some excellent products and are committed to USA manufacturing and jobs. HJE has great prices on their stuff. We just had a group buy for their products, as a matter of fact.

Here are some box art images:

BoxArt1_zps351f629b.jpg

100_8346_zpsea69a503.jpg

Here is a link to Epstein's: Wholesale Industrial American Hand Tool Distributor - Harry J. Epstein Co.

I think they are revamping their site soon.

Edited by Bull