Customer Service 866.965.0400

1st timer Mistake need advise.

USMC- FRS

Question

Guys, I made my 1st mistake don't know if its a big deal or not. Did all the step from Wash with APC ,Clay Bar, IPA wipe down, Then started the process on test area with Swirl and Haze remover then to FMP. Then complete wide down with MF towel. Then applied Super sealant waited approx 30 Min perfect day 65 degrees all work was performed in garage. Then buffed off by hand with a clean MF towel. Then I noticed some Machine swirl marks on the hood that I did not notice earlier so not thinking I sprayed some detail spray to see if it would help and boom. Then I remembered step 9. Do not apply anything to surface for 12 to 24 hours after sealant. So what are my options do I need to start from scratch on the hood?

8 answers to this question

You're fine. I sometime notice stuff on panels after I'm done, I usually see if I can get it off with some DS or Revive and then just go back over with MSS. If that doesn't work you just strip the panel and do it all over again.

Something that might help you next time would be to wait for sunlight before you start. Then do a test spot on your car. Once you got the test spot 100% perfect and figured out your gameplan, you can go ahead and do the rest of your car WITH OR WITHOUT SUNLIGHT since you already know your method works.

In my opinion, the above method including the waiting for the sun to come out beats trying something and maybe having to do it all over again on another day because the results were subpar.