Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adams Polish Newbie: Need help with polish and pc!

DwDrummer

Question

Hey I'm a newbie here, I'm looking to order a Porter Cable, polish, and waxes from Adams. Got some questions first! Oh yeah my vehicle is a 08 Black Silverado.

- What all will I need when I order the Porter Cable?

- What all pads will I need?

- What all polishes and waxes do I need to order?

- What order do I use the polish/wax and which pads to use with each?

Thanks so much for all the help! I'm looking to swap over from Zaino to Adams!:rockon:

Thanks,

DwDrummer

Hey I'm a newbie here, I'm looking to order a Porter Cable, polish, and waxes from Adams. Got some questions first! Oh yeah my vehicle is a 08 Black Silverado.

- What all will I need when I order the Porter Cable?

- What all pads will I need?

- What all polishes and waxes do I need to order?

- What order do I use the polish/wax and which pads to use with each?

Thanks so much for all the help! I'm looking to swap over from Zaino to Adams!:rockon:

The PC comes assembled and ready for action. Plug it in and go...

You will need the Gen2 pads. If you get the 2nd Generation 7.5" Machine Essentials Kit it gives you all the stuff you need to get started once you buy the PC.

338.jpg

Swirl & Haze remover, Fine Machine Polish & Machine Super Wax.

Generally use in the above order.

However, go to the Detailing Nitty Gritty section of theforum. There is a ton of info stored there, regarding hard to remove swirls, order to use and appropriate settings on the PC.

Good Luck and enjoy your new toys...

No sweat. That's what we are all here for. Sharing info is the best way for all of us to learn...

Good Luck with the PC. You won't regret getting one... :cheers:

BTW: check out the new video that was just released. It's very detailed as to what pads, products, PC settings, to use throughout the whole process.

Welcome, Good advice above, but you wont stop there, all their products are amazing.

Buy extra glass cleaner, All Purpose Cleaner, leather cleaner and conditioner and Upholstery cleaner...my wife saw how good those items worked and promptly took them indoors.

Maybe that should be Adam's next kit, a "Home Essentials Kit".

Bruce

I will post some pictures when I'm done! My order hasn't shipped yet and the PC pads are on back order so I might be a few weeks before I post some pics!

One very important thing that you must do before anything is prep your paint. Your paint probably needs to be claybarred. This is a grueling process (at least for us old guys with old joints), and your results will not be anywhere near as good if you skip this step. You need your paint to be smooth as a 18 year old supermodel's legs before you even think about doing swirl and scratch removal, much less adding polish. Be sure and check out all of the detailing videos in the video section. You don't want to start off wasting product or learning any bad habits.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

PS: What do you do for DW?

One very important thing that you must do before anything is prep your paint. Your paint probably needs to be claybarred. This is a grueling process (at least for us old guys with old joints), and your results will not be anywhere near as good if you skip this step. You need your paint to be smooth as a 18 year old supermodel's legs before you even think about doing swirl and scratch removal, much less adding polish. Be sure and check out all of the detailing videos in the video section. You don't want to start off wasting product or learning any bad habits.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

PS: What do you do for DW?

Yes the clay bar does work wonders, I've been using them for about 7-8 years now! I got the adams dvd coming with my order so I'm gonna try to watch it before I start with the Adams.

I remember you from corvetteforum.com man, I used to have a Yellow C5 with Foose 19/20" wheels. My username was BadYellowCorvette!

21696440075_large.jpg

I'm just a Drummer who plays DW's:banana:

Thanks,

DwDrummer

Yes the clay bar does work wonders, I've been using them for about 7-8 years now! I got the adams dvd coming with my order so I'm gonna try to watch it before I start with the Adams.

I remember you from corvetteforum.com man, I used to have a Yellow C5 with Foose 19/20" wheels. My username was BadYellowCorvette!

21696440075_large.jpg

I'm just a Drummer who plays DW's:banana:

Thanks,

DwDrummer

You got me! I'm over at Digital Corvettes now. You should come visit. A totally different atmosphere from CF. :thumbsup:

I will post some pictures when I'm done! My order hasn't shipped yet and the PC pads are on back order so I might be a few weeks before I post some pics!

Hey Derek, we now have all of those items in stock, so there shouldn't be a delay in getting them out to you!

Thanks again for your order!:thumbsup:

I got my Adams 2nd Generation 7.5" Machine Essentials Kit yesterday and all I can say is WoW!:banana:I haven't got a chance to use it but after watching the DVD and checking out the products I can already tell that I'm gonna be converted from Zaino to Adams for life, oh and the microfiber towels are SUPER soft! I've bought tons of different MF towels in the past and nothing has even come close to these things!:rockon: I just wanted to say thanks to Adam for making such a awesome prodcut and actually taking the time to explain how everything works and tips how to use the products. I haven't seen another Polish/Wax company with this kind of customer service and message forum!:pc: I would also like to thank his staff, and all the guys here on the forum for all the info and help!:2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:

Thanks,

Derek

I got my Adams 2nd Generation 7.5" Machine Essentials Kit yesterday and all I can say is WoW!:banana:I haven't got a chance to use it but after watching the DVD and checking out the products I can already tell that I'm gonna be converted from Zaino to Adams for life, oh and the microfiber towels are SUPER soft! I've bought tons of different MF towels in the past and nothing has even come close to these things!:rockon: I just wanted to say thanks to Adam for making such a awesome prodcut and actually taking the time to explain how everything works and tips how to use the products. I haven't seen another Polish/Wax company with this kind of customer service and message forum!:pc: I would also like to thank his staff, and all the guys here on the forum for all the info and help!:2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:

Thanks,

Derek

And don 't forget to post pictures :D:D:D:D

I will, bad thing about it I think my truck is sold so I might have to wait until I get something else to try it out on.

Weird...

OK... Lawnmower? Weed wacker?

I need it to warm up already and rain for 10 days to remove all this salt and crap covering the roads.

As soon as I wash mine and drive it home it gets covered in salt! :mad:

I will, bad thing about it I think my truck is sold so I might have to wait until I get something else to try it out on.

Your old truck can't be in as bad a shape as my daily driver. Wait until you see what I do with this hood and Adam's products...

center_console.jpg

Check out that hood (don't pay any attention to the center console). That's a challenge just dying for some Adam's!

Well I just tried out the PC and some Adams products on one of our work truck and I must say that I'm really amazed how great the products worked! I'm am definetely converted over to Adams now!:D

Just curious, why the switch from Zaino? I have read good things and read a TON of debates about their products.

:cheers: