Customer Service 866.965.0400

Shine Crew Complete: 2001 Jeep Wrangler

THE Mook

Good Morning!

I had a customer of mine from last year return to me this week with one of her other vehicles. No Porsche this time, instead, her outside living, and very driven 2001 Jeep Wrangler. There were some parts on the Jeep, being 12 years old, that I couldn't do anything for. The Fender Flares had lost paint over the years, the clear coat on multiple panels of the Jeep (mainly the hood) had began to crack and fail, the Fuel Door had staining and missing paint (I replaced it). However, there were some parts on the Jeep that looked beyond repair, that I was able to bring back to life, and look better than ever! All the Black Bumpers were faded and oxidized, and the Fiberglass Top was in pretty bad shape. Thanks goes out to Flaco from the Warehouse and fellow Shine Crew Member, for assiting me in this turn around. :thumbsup:

The Products:

The Process:

This started out like any other detail I do. Albeit dirty, I walked the Jeep to examine for any abnormal items I would need to pull out. It was apparent right away that the clear coat on the hood was failing pretty hard, so I knew I couldn't do a ton there, without risking even more failure. The Black top of the Jeep looked to be a different color all together, and I knew it would need more than just Adam's SVRT. The fender flares and bumpers were contaminated and oxidized to a point, plus, each one was missing paint. I knew also that my success here would be limited.

IMG_4109_zps1d7bb703.jpg

IMG_4119_zps1e8741b3.jpg

IMG_4122_zpsd62d6e75.jpg

IMG_4114_zps5a9fd94d.jpg

IMG_4111_zps610e978a.jpg

IMG_4108_zps9a6efcb4.jpg

IMG_4116_zpsfaedaa6d.jpg

IMG_4117_zps98b907ff.jpg

Edited by Mook@Adams

Flaco and I began by addressing the wheels, tires, and engine bay. This would be the first real time we both got to spend with Adam's Deep Wheel Cleaner. Adam's All Purpose Cleaner was first shot into the Fender Wells and all over the Tires, then Adam's Deep Wheel Cleaner was applied to the Wheels.

IMG_4128_zps83e08d99.jpg

IMG_4130_zpsf0f0129a.jpg

We didn't get too much color change, but there was some!

IMG_4131_zpsbef9820a.jpg

IMG_4133_zps12745b90.jpg

The Engine Bay, um...we had to hit with multiple passes. Being a Jeep plus the fact it lives outside, and travels to Moab with some frequency, this thing was pretty gnarly.

IMG_4135_zpsa1071dd1.jpg

IMG_4138_zpsa9936fda.jpg

It took Flaco and I two passes outside, then an additional hour on my end "dry cleaning" to get the Engine Bay to a point where I could dress it. There were no wash pics taken, as it was about 33 degrees outside for the wash, and the last thing I wanted to do was stop, dig out the camera, and try to use it with freezing, wet hands.

Once dried off, Flaco and I began to assault the Jeep with our typical routine. We knocked out the Interior with the forthcoming Adam's Total Interior Detailer on all plastics and the dashboard area. This stuff is pretty cool! Smells great, works quickly and effectively too! I will reserve the results pics to the end, as Interior Shots taken inside never turn out for me all that well. I did notice right before we started the Claybar Treatment, that the Bug Shield needed some attention with the 4" Drill Kit!

IMG_4144_zps6c9ceaad.jpg

Once Flaco and I got the Claybar Treatment out of the way, I spent some time on all of the trim and bumper pieces that looked to be over worn. LOTS of Adam's APC, Edgeless Utility Towels, Elbow Grease, and time were put in to restoring the bumpers and also the top. Once they were recovered, Flaco and I laid down Adam's QS so that they stayed looking sexy for a while!

IMG_4157_zps301a791d.jpg

What, how, what the? did Flaco and I do to this top, to make it look brand new even though it was 12 years old? We polished it with the Flex, Adam's SHR and Adam's FMP.

IMG_4166_zps2cbc6685.jpg

IMG_4169_zps8f345888.jpg

IMG_4172_zpsf84a9a13.jpg

Then sealed it with Adam's Quick Sealant.

After that, he and I spent some time on the Tires and Fender Wells with Adam's Invisible Undercarriage Spray, and of course, SVRT. We then moved onto polishing the paint. It didn't take much time, as there wasn't much, and the paint we could really get at was more on the doors and such. I refrained from pics, as time last week wasn't all that abundant.

That said, the detail wrapped up kinda quickly once we got moving...onto results!

IMG_4174_zpsec42d379.jpg

Adam's new Total Interior Detailer is the Bee's Knees!

IMG_4285_zpsffeec885.jpg

IMG_4287_zps85af3419.jpg

Pow! Engine Bay! (Dressed with Adam's In and Out Spray)

IMG_4310_zps9f6b38f1.jpg

Look at how well the Bumper and such came out!

IMG_4307_zps74b3e39c.jpg

Adam's SVRT made the Tires look great, and the Flares as good as they possibly can!

IMG_4305_zpsc09a4eca.jpg

Did I mention I was pleased with this top?

IMG_4303_zps55df5344.jpg

Not sure the Jeep knew what to do being this clean!

IMG_4301_zpsd3caec6c.jpg

I was surprised the Prarie Rats weren't up talking about this top.

IMG_4299_zps5e014688.jpg

IMG_4297_zps5a217e73.jpg

IMG_4295_zpsc219d733.jpg

This is my gansta lean, not the Jeep's. Sorry!

IMG_4289_zps18a9c2df.jpg

Thank you again to Flaco for the assistance, and thanks to all of you for stopping in!

Mook

Nice job on the Jeep!..

This stuff must be close in releasing?? :):xfingers:

Adam's Prototype Compound

Adam's Prototype Finishing Polish

When you get a vehicle with prior clear coat damage, what care do you take in that area when machine polishing?

Mook you forgot the links to the compounds

Thanks for all the kind words!

The new stuff is close...how close? Still testing is about all I can say.

When there's failure like that, one has to be careful if they do attempt to polish over it that more damage isn't created. I hit most of that area by hand and the forgotten Revive and Blue Hex Grip links. . Sorry, I have a LOT going on with shipping, and at least three other write ups I am working on! The latter has Patriot on it, and holy cannoli....!

Mook