Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Gen2 Pad System Video is Here!

Adam

Question

This is a quick video we recently filmed to show how to accomplish perfection with the 2nd Generation Pads and Polishes system.

This was not nearly the production that we filmed with the Ferrari, in a million dollar garage. Rather, this is a video we filmed on the side of our warehouse in late November when I drove to CA to deliver Christmas presents to the family.

I'm working on my Excursion, which hadn't been detailed in nearly a year. The paint had tremendous swirls and cobweb scratches from neglect, unfortunately!

This video is does not show before and after results, rather, it simply explains the PC system very thoroughly. It's nearly 15 minutes long, sorry!

Here goes:

<embed id="VideoPlayback" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=2953335455038642096&hl=en&fs=true" style="width:400px;height:326px" allowFullScreen="true"

I'm very tempted to get some of these new pads Adam.

Only question I have is: Can these pads be used with a rotary buffer? I use a rotary exclusively and it makes quick work of my Tahoe's black paint.

Great Video! I have a few questions thought

1. The pads shown are not the same pads I received when I ordered the gen 2 set, yours are shaped on the contact side, mine are flat. Still gen 2 though right?
  2. No love for the super machine wax?

Thanks!

1. The pads shown are not the same pads I received when I ordered the gen 2 set, yours are shaped on the contact side, mine are flat. Still gen 2 though right?

Thanks!

Good eye Frank !!!!!!

Mine have a smooth surface just like your's. I'm thinking Adam might have been using a prototype. :2thumbs::2thumbs:

And the Super Wax would be in the next video :D:D:D

Edited by C6Bill

Excellent job, as always, Adam. I can't wait until it's spring-time here in good old Hebron, KY so I can get outside and get to work on detailing up the old Corvette. I'm still using first generation pads but am thinking I might upgrade once the weather gets better here. Hope we cross paths sometime this summer!!

Thanks!

Hi Frank-

Gen2 is Gen2, and correct, I used a prototype pad for the video. Zero difference in effectiveness, however, some feel the grooved surface slides easier across the finish. Truth be told, the difference is tough to notice, but the pads look cool.

As for the Machine SuperWax, it applies with the black pad, one hand, no big deal. Why didn't I cover that?? :confused:

Hi Frank-

Gen2 is Gen2, and correct, I used a prototype pad for the video. Zero difference in effectiveness, however, some feel the grooved surface slides easier across the finish. Truth be told, the difference is tough to notice, but the pads look cool.

As for the Machine SuperWax, it applies with the black pad, one hand, no big deal. Why didn't I cover that?? :confused:

I'm starting to think you don't read my posts Adam :lolsmack::lolsmack::lolsmack:

Read below :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Bill, YOU ARE CORRECT!!! I'm a space cadet sometimes honestly.:loser:

I've been so crazy putting finishing tweaks on new products lately that it seems I fly though the forum trying to keep answers up.

Probably could just go about my work, as you CLEARLY have it covered my friend!:cheers:

Thank You Bill, for being here always!!:2thumbs:

I'm very tempted to get some of these new pads Adam.

Only question I have is: Can these pads be used with a rotary buffer? I use a rotary exclusively and it makes quick work of my Tahoe's black paint.

Hi Mark-

These pads work okay with a Rotary, you will need a different adapter however. Let me know if you need the setup, as I've got a few for the rotary's we use at the shop.:2thumbs:

Trevor, report back with your results, please!:2thumbs:

Jusst as soon as I can stand to be out in the garage for lond time and the polish doesn't freeze on the car:D 3 more months probably. sucks.

Thanks for the reply Adam:cheers:

Hi Mark-

These pads work okay with a Rotary, you will need a different adapter however. Let me know if you need the setup, as I've got a few for the rotary's we use at the shop.:2thumbs:

Thanks Adam :cheers:

Is that adapter available online?

I have a Makita 9227C rotary polisher and it already has the velcro backing pad, aren't these pads velcro?

Adam,

The boys and I did their Legend last Saturday with Gen2 pads and polish. In the cold and humid Oregon air- it came out amazing! The finish on this 14 year old car is so shiny you could probably shave in the reflection.

Not stopping there, I took the 7424 and the Machine Wax (black stuff) to Lori's CRV. Wow! The car is white and the shine just roars off of it now. I must say that it was faster to do this than buttering by hand.

Okay, I've got a question re the 7424. I see a competitor has a machine with their private label on it- it's probably the same machine, but I don't know. Anyway, they have a horeshoe shaped handle for it instead of a straight handle. I like that. Do you know if that can be purchased anywhere for the 7424?

Okay Adam, one more thing... you keep promising a paste wax. Are you teasing us or what?:lolsmack:

Cheers Brudda,

Jim Brown