Customer Service 866.965.0400

4" Focus Pad Question

13-Mustang-GT/CS

Question

9 answers to this question

Using the 4" pad on a drill means using it as a ROTARY buffer, with which burn-through is a greater danger than with an orbital/oscillating buffer. Given the more aggressive treatment required to fix the deep scratches that neither (the PC nor Flex) polisher pulled out, he just wants to protect the the "edge" that's "so close" to where he's working.

Using the 4" pad on a drill means using it as a ROTARY buffer, with which burn-through is a greater danger than with an orbital/oscillating buffer. Given the more aggressive treatment required to fix the deep scratches that neither (the PC nor Flex) polisher pulled out, he just wants to protect the the "edge" that's "so close" to where he's working.

:iagree:

i understood the rotary buffer part. my question just was why are the edges different then any other part of the car

I would venture to say also that when you're over an edge you usually aren't distributing the pressure of the pad evenly like you would over a flat surface, so more pressure gets put on the edge which can eat thru the paint.