Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam's Deep Wheel Cleaner vs Sonax Full Effect

dsmith2013

Question

I should start off by saying, Dylan, if this post isn't allowed on this forum, please delete it and I completely understand (please don't hit me with the ban hammer). However, I thought some people might be interested to see how your new DWC directly compares to the competition.

I got my hands on some severely neglected Audi wheels and figured this would be a perfect time for a direct comparison of Adam's Deep Wheel Cleaner and Sonax Full Effect. I let each dwell for an equal amount of time and then agitated it with Adam's boar's hair brush.

Sonax Full Effect

IMG_0899_zpsdd64703d.jpg

IMG_0900_zpsf9969a68.jpg

IMG_0901_zps29b5ce93.jpg

IMG_0902_zps314ed3d1.jpg

IMG_0903_zps6dd754b9.jpg

IMG_0904_zps4f5fd32e.jpg

IMG_0908_zpsa4780426.jpg

IMG_0910_zps9f8880b8.jpg

Adam's Deep Wheel Cleaner

IMG_0890_zps5dce4058.jpg

IMG_0891_zpsacc85900.jpg

IMG_0893_zpsb6c8f38e.jpg

IMG_0897_zps82366309.jpg

IMG_0898_zpsb283eb56.jpg

IMG_0907_zpsdf3abc63.jpg

IMG_0912_zpse3e5f878.jpg

In my opinion, the performance was identical. There were some embedded particles on the wheels that neither cleaner removed. I was pressed for time and was only able to allow each of the cleaners to dwell for a little over two minutes. I think a longer dwell time might have put a larger dent in it, but I dont think anything short of claying would remove it completely. However, I would give a slight edge to Adam's because it smells better, however, the price point is almost identical per ounce at $0.6246 per ounce vs Sonax FE which is $0.5914 per ounce.

Edited by dsmith2013

So am I correct to say that this can be used DIRECTLY on paint?  If yes, do you need to re-wax or re-seal when it is used?  Also, there is ZERO issues when using this on ANY wheel surface (painted, powder coat, chrome, etc?_

Thanks

RC

So am I correct to say that this can be used DIRECTLY on paint?  If yes, do you need to re-wax or re-seal when it is used?  Also, there is ZERO issues when using this on ANY wheel surface (painted, powder coat, chrome, etc?_

Thanks

RC

If you are using it as an Iron Cut type product on paint, make sure to test a small spot out first.  The two or three times I have done this on White paint, I made sure the surface was cool, and a little wet.  DO NOT let DWC dry on powdercoated wheels.  You will have to polish it off.

Also, DWC was designed for heavy brake dusting.  If your vehicle doesn't justify using such an aggressive cleaner, GWC, is a better choice.

So am I correct to say that this can be used DIRECTLY on paint? 

I have used DWC to decon the paint on my G8. I only did one or two panels at a time, while the surface was still wet with rinse water after washing and rinsing the car. This was done in the shade and the car was cool. Once I saw the red specks in the pic below, I thoroughly rinsed the panel(s) and moved on to another. After the whole car was done, I re-washed.

It likely does mess up your protection, but this is a step I only do once or twice a year at most, which is when I apply fresh sealant anyway. The car has already been strip washed before doing this as well.

dwc2.jpg

I use a DWC type product which I am running low on, as a compliment to my decon routine in spring and fall.

I usually give a light misting of a decon spray like DWC, give the car a rinse, then go over it with my Autoscrub mitt on the glass and paint with fresh soap/waterless spray for lubrication.  THEN, a fresh bucket of soap and go over the car with a clay bar before rinsing it down again and drying.  Then I'm ready to go straight to polishing.

You'd be surprised after a decon spray and going over the car with "clay alternative" mitt (fine grade) that I still pull some contaminants off with the clay bar.  I use the two other methods first as they are extremely fast in conjunction with clay, as opposed to using clay only and doing the entire vehicle solely with clay.

This is a controversial subject for some but it works great for me when I have the methods at my disposal.