Customer Service 866.965.0400

North Carolina Boss

BossLady82

Hello all! Ive been the proud owner of a 2013 GHIG Boss 302 since October. I've been using mostly Meguiar's products and I'm starting to notice little swirl marks in the paint. A couple days ago I seen a thread in another forum mentioning this forum so I thought I would check it out. Also with the weather getting warmer I want to clay her but I've never done it before so I'm looking for advice. Looking forward to learning all I can about making my Boss even sexier than she is now from all you experts.

Welcome Heidi! Sweet ride.

Claying is fairly simple, and in a few minutes you will be a pro! Since you are decontaminating the paint when you clay, it is best to remove the old protection as well. Adam's recommends doing a normal 2 bucket wash with the Shampoo and adding 2-3 oz. of APC to the bucket. After you clay you will need to add back some protection.

Welcome Heidi! Sweet ride.

Claying is fairly simple, and in a few minutes you will be a pro! Since you are decontaminating the paint when you clay, it is best to remove the old protection as well. Adam's recommends doing a normal 2 bucket wash with the Shampoo and adding 2-3 oz. of APC to the bucket. After you clay you will need to add back some protection.

This is my DD so I'm curious if this is a project I can get done in one day. Or if that is even matters?

This is my DD so I'm curious if this is a project I can get done in one day. Or if that is even matters?

Wash, clay, and protect (wax or sealant) should only take a few hours. If the paint is very contaminated, that will add a little time and use more DS & Clay. The Adam's fine grade clay bar is 200 grams, so it can easily be divided into 3-4 pieces. Claying can sometimes mare very soft paint. There are others on the forum that have the same color Boss, so they can give you insight on that.

slick boss, that color is definitely not for those looking to blend in :D haha. I've seen a few mustang owners with that green on here, so you do have fellow GHIG members. Very nice and welcome!

Edited by MichiganSRT8

Welcome from another GHIG Boss owner. I'm in Chesapeake area VA so if you're in the northern part of NC you're not too far from me. Feel free to PM me if you're not too far and I would be more than happy to meet up with you to go over detailing. Another good buddy of mine is a '12 Boss owner and an Adam's user for years as well. Between us we have well over $3k in detailing supplies.

Welcome to the forum Heidi! You will see that everyone is out to help each other on this site.

You will love all the Adams products you purchase and the crew at Adams is top notch ..always willing to help you out.

BTW ..Nice Boss! Love the color!