Customer Service 866.965.0400

Detailing Outdoors

greyhd

Question

I want to detail my truck, but I do not have a garage. Can a detail be done outdoors? I want to do PC since it has been about 1 year since I last detailed the truck. I also wanted to see what everyone recommends the steps I take, this is what I use to do:

1. Wash w/Adams Car Wash

2. Clay

3. Rinse

4. Dry

5. Swirl & Haze Removal

6. Revive Polish

7. Buttery Wax

In reading the forums it seems some of you are taking extra steps and some using the DWC on the paint, how safe it the DWC on the paint?

Thank you in advance.

10 answers to this question

sure, you can do it outside...my truck won't fit in the garage. If you have any apc, I would add a few oz's to your wash bucket to make sure it gets everything off (sealant and wax). You said it has been a year since you detailed but I don't know when the last time you waxed the truck.

I see you are using s&h remover, are you also going to fine machine polish? after # 6, would be a perfect time to put on some machine super sealant if you have any.

as for the DWC question, I believe others are testing it out to see how it works but I don't believe it is needed unless your car is caked with brake dust or ALOT of dirt!

You'll want to use dish soap or add some APC to the Adam's soap to remove old wax and what not like Jeff said.

He's also right about putting some kind of sealant on after the polish but before the wax. Either machine super sealant or quick sealant.

Other than that it sounds about right.

It has been about the same time for applying wax. I am more concerned of the paint since I have truck exposed to the elements all day and want to keep it looking good as long as possible. I do have some apc and will definitely add that to the wash. I do have the fine machine polish as well. Would this be the revised steps:

Wash with some apc

Clay

Rinse

Dry

Swirl and haze remover

Revive polish

Fine machine polish

Sealant

Wax

Also how often should I wax since I'm exposed to the elements? Would I just need to wash and then apply the wax?

Thank you for all the tips.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

It has been about the same time for applying wax. I am more concerned of the paint since I have truck exposed to the elements all day and want to keep it looking good as long as possible. I do have some apc and will definitely add that to the wash. I do have the fine machine polish as well. Would this be the revised steps:

Wash with some apc

Clay

Rinse

Dry

Swirl and haze remover

Revive polish

Fine machine polish

Sealant

Wax

Also how often should I wax since I'm exposed to the elements? Would I just need to wash and then apply the wax?

Thank you for all the tips.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I reordered some of your steps:

Wash with some apc

Clay

Rinse + Dry

(you can leave the clay residue, wipe it off, or rinse - your choice)

Swirl and haze remover

Fine machine polish

Revive polish

- this is a paint cleaner so do it last (if at all)

Sealant

Wax

I reordered some of your steps:

Wash with some apc

Clay

Rinse + Dry

(you can leave the clay residue, wipe it off, or rinse - your choice)

Swirl and haze remover

Fine machine polish

Revive polish

- this is a paint cleaner so do it last (if at all)

Sealant

Wax

Thank you, updated my notes. After all of this is done, how often should I apply wax since the truck is parked outdoors everyday?

Thank you, updated my notes. After all of this is done, how often should I apply wax since the truck is parked outdoors everyday?

b/c the sealant is on, your truck is protected so you can go a little longer between waxes...shoot, 2-3 months, I don't know. I usually wax when I have time!

You will know when its time to wax when the water doesnt bead up on your car when you put water on it.

With Buttery wax your looking at once a month...its not designed for durability. I would invest in a good sealant for a daily driven vehicle that lives outside.