Customer Service 866.965.0400

Applying MSS and rain?

Geaff500

Question

Hello,

I am considering correcting my paint and applying machine super sealant sometime between now and Sunday.

If I apply the MSS and let the car sit overnight to wait for the MSS to cure properly how bad would it be if it rained overnight?

8 answers to this question

That's probably not advised...

I would let it stay inside for at least 12 hours after applying the MSS. I'm sure on of the Adam's members will chime in.

I don't have a garage, and don't know of one I would be able to use, I forgot to add that in my original post.

My best option I guess is to apply MSS in the day and make sure the weather forecast is completely clear of rain for the next 24 hours.

I don't have a garage, and don't know of one I would be able to use, I forgot to add that in my original post.

My best option I guess is to apply MSS in the day and make sure the weather forecast is completely clear of rain for the next 24 hours.

that would be the best option. I dont know how uncured sealant would react to water im assuming not well at all, but rain is not pure in a sense that it could and will have contaminants leaving small particles of dirt and things such as pollen etc. It would cause a mess getting that out as well as sacrificing your paint and instilling damage.

Then just apply some QS instead since it has a much less curing time (30-40 mins) than MSS. This way you know your paint is protected.

And I will let you know that QS can hold some serious protection. People have seen 6+ months with it.

To Clarify:

Wipe the Adam's MSS off AFTER 30 MINUTES. You may get residual hazing if you applied it heavy in spots, within 12-24 hours. Then feel free to layer.

If you have Adam's QS, put the Grey Bottle Down LOL, and just use that. It's much quicker, and IMO just as, if not more, durable. Dylan really killed it with this product. We are still testing it on things in the Warehouse that still blows our collective minds!

Mook

I've applied MSS to vehicles that have sat outside overnight and have collected massive amounts of dew in the past, equal to a light rain. You wipe the MSS off 30 minutes or so after application and re-wipe 12-24 hours later to simply remove any haze that has showed, curing has all but completed by then as far as I know. When I re-wipe a car I use Waterless Wash, so if there were any contaminants you greatly minimize any possibility of hurting the corrected and protected finish.

Use your head, don't over think it, and you'll be fine.