Customer Service 866.965.0400

DWC not working?

bamablueoval

Question

Quick question. About 3 weeks ago I cleaned up my truck and when I got done I put a good coat of QS on my new Ballistic Morax flat black wheels. Fast forward to today. Its been 3 weeks, my truck was filthy, rain, rain, rain, rain, pollen, rain, so I decided to clean her up. Was excited to try out the new DWC and my turbo stick that I recently purchased as well. Here comes my question. The DWC did nothing, and I mean nothing after it was sprayed on the wheel. Looked like I had used GWC. My question is does the QS keep the DWC from activating? The lack of performance today kinda bummed me out. Thought I would ask the collective knowledge base and see whats going on. I tried it on a dry wheel and on a rinsed wheel, both had the same effect of nothing. :help:

11 answers to this question

How long did you let it sit? DWC is a product designed to dissolve iron particles, on wheels that means brake dust. If your wheels were just dirty and not coated in metallic dust you won't see it change color very much.

It could have been that the AQS and the rain kept the iron from sticking around on the wheels. AQS is good at that!

Sent from my iDevice using data nodes and algorithms.

It could have been that the AQS and the rain kept the iron from sticking around on the wheels. AQS is good at that!

Sent from my iDevice using data nodes and algorithms.

Agreed, I QS my painted black wheels and I really don't need to DWC them. I just use a wash mitt or nice MF with the wash solution and they stay clean now.

It was a dry wheel. I left it long enough that the rotor had changed color but I know these ford brakes put off a fair amount of dust. I've been having a hard time getting these new wheels clean and thought the dwc might help. Maybe I should switch to a 50/50 of water and apc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was a dry wheel. I left it long enough that the rotor had changed color but I know these ford brakes put off a fair amount of dust. I've been having a hard time getting these new wheels clean and thought the dwc might help. Maybe I should switch to a 50/50 of water and apc?

At this point I'm gonna need pics but my guess is whatever is on your wheels isn't iron based. I would APC and scrub.

I tried to take pics but all I've got is my iPhone. And it doesn't capture it well. I know it's just regular road grime. I'm not sure if they are painted or powder coated. I can't find anything on their website that says what finish they are. I didn't want to have to use apc since it would degrade my QS but I guess I gotta do what I gotta do! Thanks for the input fellas!

Side note. I'm guessing too that I have to get used to these flat black wheels just being harder to clean. Starting to regret even getting them! Ahhhh!

I tried to take pics but all I've got is my iPhone. And it doesn't capture it well. I know it's just regular road grime. I'm not sure if they are painted or powder coated. I can't find anything on their website that says what finish they are. I didn't want to have to use apc since it would degrade my QS but I guess I gotta do what I gotta do! Thanks for the input fellas!

Side note. I'm guessing too that I have to get used to these flat black wheels just being harder to clean. Starting to regret even getting them! Ahhhh!

Car shampoo in a spray bottle with foaming sprayer. Wont degrade quick sealant. And will clean the wheels. Try it out before you start using APC.