Customer Service 866.965.0400

Filthy Horse

MichiganSRT8

Well now that I've got your attention :D haha. Well here is the patient I got today that I picked up today for a family friend of my girlfriend. He told me over the phone that the car looked good and paint looked great, I've been on the game long enough to know this was not the case at all and when I went to pick it up out in the sun my fears were very correct. I already told him he's not going to recognize his car when I drop it off and being 9 years old I'm pretty sure this horse didn't look this good coming off the truck at the dealership. Car isnt done but just got in at 10:30 after a long day of polishing and finishing up a 24 foot boat I had in (other thread btw), gunna sleep great tonight but just thought I would throw up some pictures to lay down a base for the finished pictures. Enjoy everyone!

As picked up, with dog/camaro/boat glamour shot haha

DSC_2480_zps6a998e90.jpg

DSC_2481_zps7b80bfc2.jpg

DSC_2482_zpsd295cfb0.jpg

DSC_2484_zpsec60616d.jpg

Rear deck/spoiler defects

DSC_2485_zps492acbb7.jpg

Hood and Bumper looking good :(

DSC_2487_zpsa34789a6.jpg

DSC_2488_zps79b6c19b.jpg

Neglected engine bay

DSC_2489_zpsab715577.jpg

DSC_2490_zps28179134.jpg

Hood 50/50 tests

DSC_2493_zpsff4ac2eb.jpg

DSC_2498_zpse61597c0.jpg

Fender

DSC_2500_zpse423ee2f.jpg

DSC_2502_zps1df189ae.jpg

DSC_2503_zps520f9d6e.jpg

Driver Door

DSC_2504_zpsf9cb7c72.jpg

DSC_2507_zpsa7ad7967.jpg

DSC_2508_zps0eeeaca1.jpg

Quarter panel 50/50

DSC_2512_zpsd81cbaa6.jpg

Rear

DSC_2516_zps984127d5.jpg

DSC_2517_zps23bdd271.jpg

DSC_2518_zps0746c11b.jpg

Deck Lid

DSC_2520_zps15554534.jpg

Rear Cleaned up

DSC_2522_zps06eec9fa.jpg

DSC_2524_zps5ddf63a3.jpg

DSC_2526_zps1ae83981.jpg

DSC_2530_zps0c3c2ff8.jpg

DSC_2532_zps6718ebb8.jpg

DSC_2533_zps76dd53cd.jpg

Cant wait till he sees it and the pics, he wont believe how bad it was before I got my hands on her. When I told him his car looked gray to me when I got there he said he couldnt believe it haha, he'll be glad to have his black car back again. Thanks for looking everyone!

True that. Not many realize how fragile auto paint is. I cringe when I see my fiancées family lean on their vehicle paint during convos. Just today I saw a Tacoma with these huge boxes propped up on the back of his cab with an old t-shirt "protecting" his paint from the boxes. Guarantee that paint got hooked up nice for him!

Great start, can't wait to see the completed pics.

Ill have em for ya today! :glasses:

Did you use a drill focus set or a pc focus set for those tight areas? Great job Josh! Unreal results!

Drill focus on a few areas with bad scratches, or my Flex rotary with smaller pads as well. Rear end of that mustang had quite a few problem places hard to reach with heavy defects, of course haha.

So far Nice turnaround.. looking forward to the rest of the pics.

I hope you told him to stop washing his mustang with sandpaper!

Thanks! When I texted him and told him his car was black again he seemed confused lol, he wont when I drop it back off to him.

True that. Not many realize how fragile auto paint is. I cringe when I see my fiancées family lean on their vehicle paint during convos. Just today I saw a Tacoma with these huge boxes propped up on the back of his cab with an old t-shirt "protecting" his paint from the boxes. Guarantee that paint got hooked up nice for him!

It really opens your eyes doesn't it? Paint is fragile and Ive watched people just shut their door and put large scratches in. Luckily there are ways to fix that, and I hope he's happy with this one. I hear ya on when people lean on cars, when I looked back on how I treated my car while I was in high school i cringe, knowledge is power I guess.

Wheels should have a great turn around.

Oh they are in the works :D, excited to have those pics up later today.

Nice pics of the carnage, you really captured the how bad this thing was.

Thanks! After a while now I have really been messing around with pictures and camera settings, after talking to a few photographer friends I was able to work out a few good ways to capture the true damage and how bad the vehicles I've done really were. This one was one of the worse, but for a 9 yr old DD car I figured it was this or worse.

:willy: Please tell them when they come pick up the car to stop using steel wool to wash the car!!!!:help:

Haha they already have the Adams info :D, told him I cant do all this work for it to just get ruined a week later. So he's doing research as we speak on the things I told him to pick up hopefully, giving him a few samples of products I have a bit of overstock on so that will give him a better idea.

Awesome job Josh! There's no doubt the owner will be floored with those results!

Thanks man! I hope so this this fought me in a few places even with a rotary and a few spots that were repainted, all about that reaction when I drop it off and see how really good I did by that.

Well couldn't sleep last night cause all I thought of was finishing this mustang cause I got an S6 coming soon and didnt wanna get behind. So woke up early today and finished her up just a little while ago. Leaving now to to drop it off back to him and cant wait to see his reaction to seeing his baby proper again, thanks for all the kind comments gents!

here we go:

Gotta hit even the smallest spots

DSC_2534_zpsc03c66ef.jpg

Front end looking nasty

DSC_2535_zps12e5a58a.jpg

DSC_2537_zpsa36dfcd7.jpg

DSC_2538_zps88e3f0e5.jpg

DSC_2540_zps596ec17f.jpg

DSC_2541_zps1fc2d973.jpg

50/50 VRT mirror cover

DSC_2542_zps7b216640.jpg

Interior Before

DSC_2543_zps8b772e3c.jpg

Faded Leather

DSC_2544_zps0095afc2.jpg

DSC_2546_zpsc42d68af.jpg

Dirty Cupholders

DSC_2547_zps5d56daa2.jpg

50/50 cleanup

DSC_2548_zpsf13ebe61.jpg

Mats

DSC_2551_zpsbbe4212f.jpg

DSC_2552_zpsa06df7b5.jpg

Leather conditioned back to correct color

DSC_2553_zps5a104a6c.jpg

Dirty Tip

DSC_2554_zpsf98bd313.jpg

Clean Tip

DSC_2555_zpsb10f9ff2.jpg

Finished Shots

DSC_2556_zpse6189958.jpg

DSC_2557_zps95e156bb.jpg

DSC_2558_zps1669715f.jpg

DSC_2559_zpsa4617612.jpg

DSC_2561_zps5c5e9b40.jpg

DSC_2562_zps4c483e1a.jpg

DSC_2563_zps79b92b63.jpg

DSC_2565_zpsccd13430.jpg

DSC_2566_zpsff2aae5d.jpg

DSC_2568_zpsd2849d66.jpg

No more a filthy horse, a nice shiny horse :D. Thanks for following it guys, she cleaned up well and for a older pony. enjoy the last pictures!

Nicely done! I was gritting my teeth looking at the before shots of the paint and wheels. The client is going to be stunned with the results. First thing they need to understand is how to carefully wash and dry the car.

Nicely done! I was gritting my teeth looking at the before shots of the paint and wheels. The client is going to be stunned with the results. First thing they need to understand is how to carefully wash and dry the car.

He was stunned as well, think it was well deserved at that point where it came from haha. Also turned him onto Adams products, so should be properly taking care of it here soon.

Awesome job seeing where this came from. Sorry for saying this I would have charged for this transformation. I can see how anyone would let the car go like that!

Haha trust me I charged him, that was way too much work not too. I actually wish I would have charged him more looking back on it cause it was really a ton of compounding and polishing, oh well, friends and family get more of a break but dont get me wrong, I gotta pay for my products somehow and that means gotta charge them enough to at least replenish the stock.

Well couldn't sleep last night cause all I thought of was finishing this mustang cause I got an S6 coming soon and didnt wanna get behind. So woke up early today and finished her up just a little while ago. Leaving now to to drop it off back to him and cant wait to see his reaction to seeing his baby proper again, thanks for all the kind comments gents!

here we go:

Gotta hit even the smallest spots

DSC_2534_zpsc03c66ef.jpg

Front end looking nasty

DSC_2535_zps12e5a58a.jpg

DSC_2537_zpsa36dfcd7.jpg

DSC_2538_zps88e3f0e5.jpg

DSC_2540_zps596ec17f.jpg

DSC_2541_zps1fc2d973.jpg

50/50 VRT mirror cover

DSC_2542_zps7b216640.jpg

Interior Before

DSC_2543_zps8b772e3c.jpg

Faded Leather

DSC_2544_zps0095afc2.jpg

DSC_2546_zpsc42d68af.jpg

Dirty Cupholders

DSC_2547_zps5d56daa2.jpg

50/50 cleanup

DSC_2548_zpsf13ebe61.jpg

Mats

DSC_2551_zpsbbe4212f.jpg

DSC_2552_zpsa06df7b5.jpg

Leather conditioned back to correct color

DSC_2553_zps5a104a6c.jpg

Dirty Tip

DSC_2554_zpsf98bd313.jpg

Clean Tip

DSC_2555_zpsb10f9ff2.jpg

Finished Shots

DSC_2556_zpse6189958.jpg

DSC_2557_zps95e156bb.jpg

DSC_2558_zps1669715f.jpg

DSC_2559_zpsa4617612.jpg

DSC_2561_zps5c5e9b40.jpg

DSC_2562_zps4c483e1a.jpg

DSC_2563_zps79b92b63.jpg

DSC_2565_zpsccd13430.jpg

DSC_2566_zpsff2aae5d.jpg

DSC_2568_zpsd2849d66.jpg

No more a filthy horse, a nice shiny horse :D. Thanks for following it guys, she cleaned up well and for a older pony. enjoy the last pictures!

BAM! :thumbsup:

Break it down for me Josh. How many passes with the three? Ive been doing one section, getting it perfect, then going over whole vehicle that same way. It occurs to me that I'd get better results taking as much time on EACH panel until it is perfect respectively. Different panels often wear differently, and to differing severity. My next detail will produce even better results because of this Im sure. So how many passes of each produced such a transformation here for you?

Break it down for me Josh. How many passes with the three? Ive been doing one section, getting it perfect, then going over whole vehicle that same way. It occurs to me that I'd get better results taking as much time on EACH panel until it is perfect respectively. Different panels often wear differently, and to differing severity. My next detail will produce even better results because of this Im sure. So how many passes of each produced such a transformation here for you?

Ok here we go, all that sounds good and perfection takes time. Glad that I can help in any ways. Actually on this car I was forced to use more aggressive compound by another brand and a rotary polisher for much of the cutting because I had a steep time constraint. For this car and Adams products is would have taken 3 passes of Severe swirl, 2 of swirl and haze, and 2 of fine machine and the same results would have been achieved I believe. I just didn't have the time, but from the amount of damage this seems it would have had the same effect. Let me get some info for you and I can help better:

-What machine do you use? flex or PC?

-Do you do a test taped off square section on the car before? hood is a great area to do this

-Your key with either because of their lower power is machine movement speed, pressure and product use.

-A few good keys to getting a great finish for pressure is to just let the edges of the pad go over the packing plate and that would be good.

-Also to not overload the pad with product and letting it properly diminish so you get full use out off the polish itself on the paint

-Proper slow speed with overlap/proper product use/proper pressure were large keys for me while using a DA. Still to this day I have to think about those 3 things as those were my problem areas when I started.

By far the largest for me is to be slow and precise movements, patience a golden rule for a DA and without it a finish cannot be achieved like I produced, or in any detail for that matter.

-What machine do you use? flex or PC?

-Do you do a test taped off square section on the car before? hood is a great area to do this

-Your key with either because of their lower power is machine movement speed, pressure and product use.

I use a flex and definitely do a taped off section of the hood for my initial evaluation. Adam talks about making sure the pad is flat against the surface so I'm paranoid about any part of the pad not being in contact with the painted surface. I just ordered PC focus pads as I have a PC too. You can see how this paranoia would affect my detailing with regards to the small panels. Is it ok to allow the edges to not be in contact so long as the pad is flat? I see a problem regarding slinging product. Many panels of my fiancee's 2012 Jeep Liberty are tiny... So small that even the 4" focus wouldn't be 100% in contact with the paint. Is this paranoia founded, or am I being too cautious?

:help:

I use a flex and definitely do a taped off section of the hood for my initial evaluation. Adam talks about making sure the pad is flat against the surface so I'm paranoid about any part of the pad not being in contact with the painted surface. I just ordered PC focus pads as I have a PC too. You can see how this paranoia would affect my detailing with regards to the small panels. Is it ok to allow the edges to not be in contact so long as the pad is flat? I see a problem regarding slinging product. Many panels of my fiancee's 2012 Jeep Liberty are tiny... So small that even the 4" focus wouldn't be 100% in contact with the paint. Is this paranoia founded, or am I being too cautious?

:help:

Nice with the flex I would take out one of those passes of severe swirl with a flex. I know most people would say 2 passes of each on average is overkill but in the end its whatever works for you and that has worked several times with Adams products so "ball dont lie" haha. Flat pad is very key but such as you said smaller panels are almost impossible to keep flat the entire times. Good way to prevent sling is to spread the product with the machine off on the pad or at a very low speed, it is ok to keep the pad at a small angle while spreading as it will allow the product to get to the face of the pad and not the side of it cause sometimes little blobs of polish sit on the paint. You also may be getting sling from too much detail spray, I see this with many people when they are starting, think about just a dab'l do ya. You want just enough to keep the lubricated but not to the point that its slippery. Think about it as a theory of deduction, try using a little less detail spray while prepping the pad, and if you continue getting sling we'll move onto something else. I personally used too much polish and detail spray when starting, and the pad would get clogged up and then alot of sling, so I know where you are coming from.