Customer Service 866.965.0400

Its in the details

SaleenJOE

Question

This last weekend I spent a majority of my time in the garage enjoying the nice weather we had. Cleaned the wifes ss and figured why not clean behind the plate? I see this area missed a lot when people clean cars. So off the plate came to reveal this

20130419_180916_zps0765d71c.jpg

Out came the focus pads and after a little clay followed with Revive,FMP, Buttery and lastly patriot this was the final result.

20130419_194636_zps1ec93a3b.jpg

My wife got a kick out of it. "Only you would worry about what it looked like behind the plate lol"

So how ocd do some of u get on your daily's?

8 answers to this question

i took off the license plate iteself, cleaned it and sealed it.

LOL guilty as well. Didnt tel tell the wife about that:lol:

next up is pulling the wheels and stripping the facotry clear since it is looking alittle cloudy and will put ll my suspenion drop stuff on at the same time.

My license plate also has some good coats of wax.

^^^ This! I make sure to remove and clean both sides of my plates all the time.

In fact when I was a the DMV recently to turn in my plates after selling my TBSS. The woman at the counter looked at them and asked if I ever used them. I gladly told her they were on my vehicle for 3 years as a daily driver. Needless to say, she was pretty impressed.

So don't forget to care for your plates and paint behind the plate. Or the DMV woman will be upset and unhappy! :D