Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adams Car Shampoo dilution ratio

EPHIOS

Question

I tried Adams Car Shampoo in my MTM Foam Cannon and the results were great. In comparison, it was as good as CG Honeydew Snow Foam in a foam cannon. Dylan was right that you do not need a special soap to get great results.

For my test, I used 1.5oz of soap with 14.5oz of water for both soap.

0.5 ounce per gallon works for me.  It has plenty of suds. I use it around 1:10 in the foam cannon.

This was my target as well. Though I noticed that 4oz/28oz ratio does produce a bit thicker, 3oz/29oz is also good enough for me.

So I just picked up a gilmour foam master II, how much would you guys recommend to put in and on what setting (a-e)? Did a little test run when I got it, didn't foam as much as I thought.

Any answer will do, because it's up to what you like.  Me, personally, 4 oz...setting E.  I like to use the term "Suds" gun for any hose type foamer.  Compared to a gas pressure washer with an MTM like foam cannon....well there is no comparison.  My probelm is I wash at 0600, or 2000 during the summer because the heat and the sun.  I respect my neighbors, so I rarely fire up the pressure washer.

6am?  Man that's early.  Will try your suggestion on my tundra once the rain lets up this week.  It's in need of some tlc at the moment.  

It gets warm here fast man, and the way my house sits, about 9-10 ish the sun is beating on the paint.  Plus I like to get the detailing out of the way before the family wants to go do stuff, haha.

It gets warm here fast man, and the way my house sits, about 9-10 ish the sun is beating on the paint.  Plus I like to get the detailing out of the way before the family wants to go do stuff, haha.

Where in NorCal are you Dave?

I know what you mean about the sun, we get those rays beating on our paint, no humidity so we never have cloud cover in the summer.

Because of the orientation of my house, I either have to wash the cars in the early AM or at dusk, I prefer dusk as I'm not a morning person.

What sucks about my house is it's situated at the south end of a circle, and I get all the crap fron the N-NW winds blown onto my cars from the trees across the street. They're all infested with those aphids and the sap stuff gets everywhere on my windshields and paint. The 3 main trees are all 30 years old and way out of control as far as needing a trim. Problem is the stuff that kills the aphids is like $40/gallon and I'd need 3 gallons to put on trees that don't belong to me :(

Don't feel like spending $120 on chemicals for a neighbors tree. But it does drive me nuts, thus why I'm always complaining about the wind on the forums here :lol:

I just washed my Mercedes this past Saturday and it's already filthy 

Edited by Mark L

I found that the best dilution ratio for me is 1.5oz per 4 gallons of water. Adams Car Shampoo is so slick and sudsy. It's the best soap for a 2BM wash. I am just waiting for a Daily Special so I can buy some more.