Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adams Car Shampoo dilution ratio

EPHIOS

Question

Not very scientific, but I use about this much for maybe 4 gallons. The foam was APC for a strip wash.

VWRoutanDetail066_zps08382e9a.jpg

I read a lot of company claiming 1oz per 5 gallons of water, which is really high considering most are only 1oz per one gallon of water.

I just got curious because it never really specify how much to put per gallon of water. Thanks!

That's one thing I really dislike about the instructions on the shampoo... there's no amount they say to use, it's kind of up to you. I also do 1 oz per 2 gallons as mentioned before, but I'm sure people use way too much and some probably use too little.

It's something most people figure out on their own depending on what they like/need. After a few washes you can sort of just eyeball it, since there's realistically no exact ratio to tell people to use

I heard this shampoo is so concentrated that nothing else compares. I can't wait until I try it, but unfortunately, I still have about 10 gallons of OTHER car shampoos.

Donate it to a local high school or whatever that is doing a charity car wash.

Honestly, most of my soap is for my foam cannon. It's M's Super Soap. I have a local dealer that sells them for $8 a gallon. Before, I started using Adam's, I been using 95% of M's. Thank you for the suggestions, though.

Personally, I don't measure it.  I stick some in and if I'm happy with the bubbles I go at the car!  I don't have enough time to measure stuff out.  This isn't a science!   :rolleyes:

Personally, I don't measure it.  I stick some in and if I'm happy with the bubbles I go at the car!  I don't have enough time to measure stuff out.  This isn't a science!   :rolleyes:

Same here.. I squeeze a bunch in the bucket and go at it with filling it up.. No time to measure.. I love the new caps too!

That's one thing I really dislike about the instructions on the shampoo... there's no amount they say to use, it's kind of up to you. I also do 1 oz per 2 gallons as mentioned before, but I'm sure people use way too much and some probably use too little.

Reason is that no 2 situations will be alike. Water quality, bucket size, washing habits, preferred amount of suds, delivery method all vary from person to person and car to car. You can't promise consistent results when you stick to "1 oz per...." because so much changes. 

A lot of companies get into the habit of recommending dilutions based on lab type conditions, completely neglecting to take into account well water vs. city water vs. filter water vs. softened water. or even how much suds the customer is expecting or would prefer. 

We purposely take a little more free form with our instructions, because if I say 2oz is the standard, and a guy with poor water quality or other factors is unhappy with the results thats a bummer. The label should read "As much as it takes for you to get what you want!"

Does anybody know the dilution ratio for Adam's Car Shampoo per gallon of water?

What works for one person may not work for another. I generally recommend to start with about 2oz for a 5 gallon bucket for a middle of the road, then scale up or down from there. If 2oz doesn't give you enough suds for your liking, add another oz and see where it gets you. 

Foam guns and cannons are much the same trial and error until you find the right dilution for you... start around 2-3oz then add more until you are happy with the foaming level. 

Edited by Dylan@Adams

Reason is that no 2 situations will be alike. Water quality, bucket size, washing habits, preferred amount of suds, delivery method all vary from person to person and car to car. You can't promise consistent results when you stick to "1 oz per...." because so much changes. 

A lot of companies get into the habit of recommending dilutions based on lab type conditions, completely neglecting to take into account well water vs. city water vs. filter water vs. softened water. or even how much suds the customer is expecting or would prefer. 

We purposely take a little more free form with our instructions, because if I say 2oz is the standard, and a guy with poor water quality or other factors is unhappy with the results thats a bummer. The label should read "As much as it takes for you to get what you want!"

What works for one person may not work for another. I generally recommend to start with about 2oz for a 5 gallon bucket for a middle of the road, then scale up or down from there. If 2oz doesn't give you enough suds for your liking, add another oz and see where it gets you. 

Foam guns and cannons are much the same trial and error until you find the right dilution for you... start around 2-3oz then add more until you are happy with the foaming level. 

I couldn't agree more.

One day I'll be super happy with my mix in the buckets and/or in my foam gun and then the next I will hate it and need to redo everything [sometimes redo]. This is using the same amount or same technique and I will still get different results. This has nothing to do with their soap or any other brand, it's just that there are a handful of elements that are out of our control.

With that being said, once you pick up or master a technique, you will usually get NEAR the same results every time (not always :(). It is kind of a trial and error thing and luckily car wash soap isn't expensive at all.

EDIT: Why does my whole post look like a quote?   Nevermind, figured it out.

Edited by BKazzle

Thanks, Dylan. I rarely use 5 gallons of water in every car wash. I usually use about 3 gallons of water. This is because I foam the car also. I will start with an 1oz/3 gallons, then maybe use a little more if needed.