Customer Service 866.965.0400

MTM Foam Cannon

IrishCurse

Question

Guys, I ordered an MTM foam cannon through the chemical guys (or whatever the company name is... wish it was Adams, but I digress). I searched for it in the forums, but it didnt pull any results. You guys have it? Like it? I had my pressure washer sit for 3-4 years with no maintenance. I changed the oil, filled with fuel, pulled, and it started first shot. :banana:

Based on that, my Gilmour foam gun just doesn't produce the shaving cream foam that I want. The foam also doesn't dwell like I want. I think this new cannon along with my 6.75 HP pressure washer (:thumbsup:) will be just what I've been wanting. Any thoughts?

I Will order the a cannon soon, what an amazing product.

The foam it puts out is insane.

It doesn't run off, just sits there and begins to loosen up the dirt and grime.

Kevin

That's the theory anyway. I suspect it varies from detergent to detergent. I think an equally big advantage is that the thick layer provides more lubrication to decrease swirling when rubbed as well as more detergent volume to keep dirt particles suspended with less likelihood of marring the clear coat when scrubbing.

I've wanted to get one of these for a long time, my HydroFoamer has served me well for years on end, but sometimes I'd like to be able to spray my car, and not worry about the foam running off so quickly to where I have to refoam it immediately after doing one side.

Only drawback I can see to this is the pressure washer itself. I'd hate to have to drag out my 3000PSI gas powered pressure washer every time I wash my cars. I'd probably get an electric pressure washer just to be used with this foam gun and keep it in the garage. Seems a lot easier. Not to mention the noise from a gas powered pressure washer, I often wash my cars late at dusk, and the noise can be a little loud for the neighbors. To my knowledge the electric pressure washers are a lot quieter than their gas counterparts.

I've wanted to get one of these for a long time, my HydroFoamer has served me well for years on end, but sometimes I'd like to be able to spray my car, and not worry about the foam running off so quickly to where I have to refoam it immediately after doing one side.

Only drawback I can see to this is the pressure washer itself. I'd hate to have to drag out my 3000PSI gas powered pressure washer every time I wash my cars. I'd probably get an electric pressure washer just to be used with this foam gun and keep it in the garage. Seems a lot easier. Not to mention the noise from a gas powered pressure washer, I often wash my cars late at dusk, and the noise can be a little loud for the neighbors. To my knowledge the electric pressure washers are a lot quieter than their gas counterparts.

Exactly. With an electric PW there are no maintenance issues, noise, fuel, fumes, etc. you just might sacrifice a little power and thus maybe foam thickness, but I'm cool with that in exchange for being able to quickly and easily bring it out as often and as long as I want.

I have a gas pressure washer. It is noisy and disliked dealing with gas/oil. I got an electric one and liked the convenience. It was quieter -- the pump comes on when you you pull the trigger. For cleaning paint, the psi is more than enough and the foam is good enough me. It is also more compact and stores easily. The biggest negative is that you obviously need electricity so an outlet needs to be nearby.

I have a gas pressure washer. It is noisy and disliked dealing with gas/oil. I got an electric one and liked the convenience. It was quieter -- the pump comes on when you you pull the trigger. For cleaning paint, the psi is more than enough and the foam is good enough me. It is also more compact and stores easily. The biggest negative is that you obviously need electricity so an outlet needs to be nearby.

Since I use a vacuum, and a dryer with every detail, sometimes adding in a polisher, if only to spread product (glaze,wax,etc) I always have to have my Adams power cord handy anyway.

MY problem with electric was the model I had broke TWICE... so I switched to gas...

One thing with the foam is the right concentration. Try adding more soap (regardless of brand, some will foam better than others). I needed to add some before getting the shaving cream like consistency I was looking for...

I think an electric power washer is good if you're just going to wash cars with it, but with a gas powered one, you can do a whole lot more with it. I have about 75-100 ft worth of plastic fence in my yard that had a green patina/moss growing on it, and I used my future father in law's pressure washer on it. Between doing that every year or two and the ability to pressure wash other things around the house besides cars, sold me on getting a gas powered one.

I just need to get a longer hose so I can reach the last 10-15 feet of my fence (which wasn't as bad as the rest I was able to get too) ;)

Since I use a vacuum, and a dryer with every detail, sometimes adding in a polisher, if only to spread product (glaze,wax,etc) I always have to have my Adams power cord handy anyway.

MY problem with electric was the model I had broke TWICE... so I switched to gas...

One thing with the foam is the right concentration. Try adding more soap (regardless of brand, some will foam better than others). I needed to add some before getting the shaving cream like consistency I was looking for...

I would definitely buy it at Costco, same place I got my gas powered one. Their ironclad return policy has kept me a customer for life. They just refunded me on a 3 year old elliptical machine that broke. Amazing customer service

I think an electric power washer is good if you're just going to wash cars with it, but with a gas powered one, you can do a whole lot more with it. I have about 75-100 ft worth of plastic fence in my yard that had a green patina/moss growing on it, and I used my future father in law's pressure washer on it. Between doing that every year or two and the ability to pressure wash other things around the house besides cars, sold me on getting a gas powered one.

I just need to get a longer hose so I can reach the last 10-15 feet of my fence (which wasn't as bad as the rest I was able to get too) ;)

I hear you on the length of the hose. My hose length I believe is 25 ft and it's so damn short! I run out of hose all the time and have to go drag the pressure washer closer.

I'm looking at getting a 50ft hose real soon.

BTW, has anyone else bought one of these? They are the ABSOLUTE BEST!

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Karcher-Pressure-T-Racer-Surface-Cleaner/dp/B000EDVTLW/ref=sr_1_2?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1367735530&sr=1-2&keywords=karcher+deck+washer]Amazon.com: Karcher Gas Pressure Washer T-Racer Wide Area Surface Cleaner T350: Patio, Lawn & Garden[/ame]

Understand. A good electric is not cheap. You what you pay for and in terms of pure pressure/GPM's gas do offer that. The real problem is that electrics max out at 15/20A so there is a ceiling on performance.

Hmmm. Never heard of it, but I see the value in it for sure.

Watch the video in the reviews from that link, I have one and love it! Cement comes out super clean!

As an FYI this isn't the right link to a 3/8 inch pipe nipple that you need for the MTM Foam Lance...its too big.

I got the right one at Lowes the other day. Hopefully gonna break out the new Pressure washer, Foam Lance and all my Adams goodies Friday evening to start detailing my SHO. 

I have both electric and gas pressure washer. I like the convenient of my electric Karcher, but for my MTM foam cannon, I have to use my gas because the foam it puts put is so much thicker than my Karcher (soap & water equal). But, if I am just doing a straight 2BM, I go straight to my electric. I have not done this in over a year, because it is so much better and fun to use a foam cannon in a car wash. My neighbor always look at me when I wash our cars.

Foam cannon = COOL

/\ I bought the Gilmour Foam Master for use with my garden hose when i don't feel like dragging out the gas powered pressure washer to use my foam cannon. Both work great IMO, but obviously you get more foam with the pressure washer type.