Customer Service 866.965.0400

Do you polish the roof? (SUV/Trucks)

carlrx7

Question

On larger vehicles where only semi trucks see your roof do you spend the extra time to polish out any imperfections? At most a quick over of FMP. then sealant and wax of course to protect.

Someone please tell me im not a bad person. lol

-Carl

I treat the roof as I do the rest of the vehicle. Others may not see it, but I know it is there and it stuff like that bugs me. I'am OCD like that and have always been that way with everything I do.

Wires in my basement are behind drywall and are nice, neat, and straight. Nobody will ever see them. But I know it is there.

Thanks everyone.

I'll be doing a strip wash, DWC, clay, FMP, MSS on the roof today. Then back to studying for my finals on Monday and Tuesday.

-Carl

Since part the function of Fine Machine Polish is pre-wax cleaning, shouldn't it be, at the very least, the minimum required prior to laying down an LSP? Even if it's the roof?

I polish and treat the roof just like the rest of the car. In my mind, the roof hits the top of the car all day. I want it to be protect just as much as the rest of the car.

I totally agree. I have 2 suv's and do the roof religiously. Just because you may not see it, doesnt mean its not there, IMO.

Nope don't do it. Ill probably do it one day this summer, but that'll be the last time. Im really just doing it for the protection, not the shine.

When I waterless wash I don't even hit the roof. No one sees it.

I will rhino line my roof before I 3 step all those ridges for a 100% swirl removal ,,,,,,, I guess I'm a bad person also. Lol

I say yes but I am in the process of polishing my RAM and its huge.......so I will probably do the front, side, and rear sections of the roof and leave the center section un-corrected, but still seal it up.

I did clay 100% though. I get points for that right?

I've never owned a truck that I gave a rats *** about...but I was always curious to know what people with nice trucks did. I wasn't expecting to see so many "no's" here!