Customer Service 866.965.0400

Broken grit guard 1st time use

Periodic

Question

So I just ordered the wicked single bucket, grit guard, large wash pad and shampoo deal that was on sale last week. Also ordered an extra grit guard for the bucket I currently have. Tonight I did my first ever 2 bucket wash. I was amazed at how clean the water stayed in my wash bucket and regretted all the washes I have done for years past. I think I need to use more shampoo next time as the were not that thick when transfering from bucket to car.

Anyways, when I emptied my bucket after the wash I realized that the corners of the side bars/fins were all broken. All 4 corners, in the same manner.

20130502_193718.jpg

I dont believe I misused the product. Simply inserted gritguard, set washpad ontop, added shampoo, filled bucket with warm water from utility tub in basement with medium tap pressure.

Upon further inspection, it seems that the bottom edge of the bucket is slightly rounded where it meets the bottom. I imagine when inserted a bit too much force was applied and snapped the plastic...funny though I never heard it break..but may have broken under water when agitating the grit from the wash pad.

20130502_193735.jpg

20130502_193809.jpg

What are your guys thoughts on this? To be honest I did not inspect after shipping..I simply left it in the bottom of the bucket and proceeded. I did unwrap all my adams products and store then ontop of the grit guard for a couple days as well.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2.

9 answers to this question

That's odd, haven't had that happen on any of my Adam's buckets. I have had it where the grit guard needs a little bit of force to fit in the bottom, but I always thought it was the bucket caddy screws kind of bowing in the bucket, thus making it a tighter fit.

That's odd, haven't had that happen on any of my Adam's buckets. I have had it where the grit guard needs a little bit of force to fit in the bottom, but I always thought it was the bucket caddy screws kind of bowing in the bucket, thus making it a tighter fit.

:iagree:

I noticed my grit guards do not sit all the way down on the bottom of the buckets.

Not sure why but that's how mine are .. do you think the same thing is going on with yours and you pressed a little to hard downwards that might of caused the corners to break?

Just a thought

My grit guards have issues in some ppls 5 gallon buckets too. Only guaranteed to fit with Adam's

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD

Mine are Adams buckets ..so not too sure why they do not fit all the way down. but like I said ..it works ..if they break I will purchase new ones.

My grit guards have issues in some ppls 5 gallon buckets too. Only guaranteed to fit with Adam's

The issue was in the Adams bucket, and I believe due to the curved bottom.

I'd definitely get in touch with Ashley then, or call them.

Yeah, I'd call dexter, but to be honest only small peices broke off, and now it sits flush with the bottom, and only a minor amount of gritty water would be able to swish from one 'chamber' to the other. I'm really not too concerned about, I just wanted to see if others have had this issue.

Was also thinking that maybe they updated/changed their buckets recently and this wasn't caught.