Customer Service 866.965.0400

How New is "too New"

Truckie

Question

Just wondering.... Truck was made 6 months ago.... sat on LOT for 3 months  winter--- I have had for 3 months...  Is ther such a thing as working on paint that is "too new"....  Black with a metalic in it and have a few swirls and minor scratching I want to correct.... 

I'd pick up some Adams Quick Sealant if I were you to protect the new finish.

Wash, clay, seal, glaze and a good coat of wax.

Yes even a new car needs to be clayed, beleive it or not!

Then just enjoy your new ride knowing your finish is protected.

Kevin

Giving it the "works" is the plan...

first question.... filled old Gatorade bottle 1/8 full of DAWN( at work)  and used it in a 5 gal bucket with a bit of Adams for froth....

washed it twice now.... Still beads like a MF..........  WHAT is going on??????  What could be on the truck standing up this Well...

I bought and took delivery in about 6 hours at dealer... so got a poor clean up to begin with and the   "FIX"   guy used P&S cherry wet wax when I took it back  to correct water spots ( probably just filled the defects), and I used  Meguairs   NXT 2.0    about a month after I  owned it....

May just continue on and start with   dry ,clay ,

Swirl haze  instead of fine.... sea,l glaze   Americana

kinda frustrating

Yep!  When my RAM comes in I plan to due a full Adams job on it, minus correction.  It may get some FMP on the flex, but that's it.  Then follow up with 2-3 applications of AQS or MSS...  BAM, DD protected.  

Protected by Adams, stand back! 

FYI!  SHR needs to be followed by FMP for optimal results unless doing it all by hand.

Chris

Alchohol   next time... spoke with ashley... added some APC  and washesd again    still beading     moving on..... drying now   clay next.

While its drying  I am using my Deep Wheel  on the Vette.......  works well..... just also shows how neglected wheels have been by other owners   :(

Yeah, I'm NOT an APC in the wash bucket believer.  I think it in the water as well as foamed onto the car will work, but IPA is cheap and SUPER easy to use and only strips where you put it.  

Chris

F250 1st  detail  results----- Props to the master detailer that can tell me what is wrong with my detail..... lets see who figures it out..... or see if it is really obvious........

F250 results1

F250 results2

F250 results3

Edited by Truckie

It looks like there're smear marks on the side of the cab.  Could be clouds though.  

Also, you didn't use SVRT or I&O on the plastic and rubber bits...  ;) 

Looks great though!  That truck will OWN you though.  Man that's a LOT of black! 

Great looking ride!  

before and after DWC   Vette wheelsgallery_9893_19_259460.jpg

Wheels look good. Now, go to Home Depot, get some BBQ black paint. Pull the wheels, mask the braking surface and spray the rusty areas of the disc. The BBQ black is a nice natural looking color and holds up to wheel claner pretty well.

Bruce

You know, 3 or 4 years ago I sanded mine on the G8 and hit them with some semi gloss black I had laying around, and they look great to this day.  I'm amazed!  All I did was remove wheels, sand a little and top coat.  NO primer or anything.  lol  

It looks like there're smear marks on the side of the cab.  Could be clouds though.  

Also, you didn't use SVRT or I&O on the plastic and rubber bits...   ;)

Looks great though!  That truck will OWN you though.  Man that's a LOT of black! 

Great looking ride!  

You are partially correct... I did not hit the trim yet or tires wheels....  I think you are seing the clouds that were moving in ....

just the paint detail was worked on.....

*************************************************************************************

As for the Vette wheels/Brakes... gonna do some sort of coated rotor when the brakes are ready and either replace or powdercoat or paint the calipers..... 

wheels either need to be replaced or re finished profressionally., $$$$.... but are good for now unless you get right up on them.....

"Man that's a LOT of black!"

Yes it is!!!   but it is not just black.... they got smart and made it a tri color fleck black.... It really helps find the dirt that plain old black shows...

Last new truck was black... I said  never New and Never black again....... Now look at me.....

Good thing I found Adams....

"Man that's a LOT of black!"

Yes it is!!!   but it is not just black.... they got smart and made it a tri color fleck black.... It really helps find the dirt that plain old black shows...

Last new truck was black... I said  never New and Never black again....... Now look at me.....

Good thing I found Adams....

Yeah, my G8 is metallic black which I thought the same as you...  It didn't work.  My RAM I ordered is WHITE!