Customer Service 866.965.0400

Just sealed my glass. Now a question

13-Mustang-GT/CS

Question

12 answers to this question

I don't use the generic blue stuff or the Rain-X branded stuff.  I DO use the stuff that's more stable at lower temps, but like Tom, i seldom use it.  When you need it, you NEED it.  

Most of them will have alcohol in them so they'll all degrade the sealant over time.  Just using the wipers degrades the sealant, so every month or so, hit it again.  

If you're in an area that doesn't freeze, you can use straight water, or if you're super wealthy you can fill it with Adams Glass Cleaner.  ;)   Personally, I'd just reapply every so often.

Chris

I don't use the generic blue stuff or the Rain-X branded stuff.  I DO use the stuff that's more stable at lower temps, but like Tom, i seldom use it.  When you need it, you NEED it.  

Most of them will have alcohol in them so they'll all degrade the sealant over time.  Just using the wipers degrades the sealant, so every month or so, hit it again.  

If you're in an area that doesn't freeze, you can use straight water, or if you're super wealthy you can fill it with Adams Glass Cleaner.  ;)   Personally, I'd just reapply every so often.

Chris

It will withstand the heat and not breakdown?

Yeah I have a detail kit with everything in it. I use glass cleaner and glass microfiber almost everytime I'm about to leave. But there are sometimes where you need it and have to use it. I was gunna put the glass cleaner right into my car and use that as my fluid. But I'm not sure if that is safe

If you're in an area that doesn't freeze, you can use straight water, or if you're super wealthy you can fill it with Adams Glass Cleaner.   ;)   Personally, I'd just reapply every so often.

Chris

Maybe a solution of one part GC and two or three parts H2O ?

Anyway you'll definitely have to reapply Glass Sealant to the windshield more often than the rest of the car. I do all my glass in March/April and then again in October. The windshield gets at least one other coating in the middle of summer.

Quick sealant on glass works well too. It starts moving up the glass at 35MPH. A month later, it starts working at 45 for me,but everyone else in my family uses the wipers so it has been degraded some.

be cautious not using approved wiper fluids. 

they typically contain a certain amount of alcohol to keep the system clear as well as prevent freezing in winter. 

if you want your sealant to last, try to avoid using wiper fluid at all. 

the alcohol will degrade the sealant as will the mechanical action of the wipers. 

Could you cut it 50-50?

Adams Glass cleaner and water?

Chris