Customer Service 866.965.0400

iPhone cases

Will!

What kind of case do you have on yours? Or are you keeping it bare?

I have a Speck/Burton case but I'm wanting something different. How durable is the iPhone5 without a case?

I have had Otterbox Defender's on three iPhones. They're bulky, and definitely ruin the thin/smooth profile of the phone, but I drop mine while getting in/on/out of the Jeep often enough that I wanted, and got, real protection.

I have an Anker. It's been on since I got the phone in Sept. and my 2 and half year old has dropped it multiple times with no issues. It's thin, light and does its job. I love the phone bare, but with young kids, it's not possible.

I use an Otter Box, I need durability.  it is bulky, but the iphone is very easy to damage...  My first one (3GS) slipped out of my front pocket one day and the entire screen shattered.  When I had the screen replaced, I bought the case and neve had another problem.  When I got my 5 I bought the case with it.  I find that I drop it less with the case as well, it is a lot "grippier".

Otterbox Defender in iPhone 5, much less bulky than the original iPhone Otterbox, but still slightly bulky.  You could drop it all day long and your phone would be fine.  I see alot of people with iPhones and there screens are all cracked out, I don't think there very durable at all.  One drop and your done. 

My brother has the otterbox product and really likes it.  

The iPhone uses gorilla glass, but it's not invinsable. Most I see with broken phones are kids. I've had every iPhone and never broken a screen,

Chewy, If you have had every iPhone, I bet your one of those like a kid on Christmas morning when that brown truck pulls up....lol.

My brother has the otterbox product and really likes it.

Chewy, If you have had every iPhone, I bet your one of those like a kid on Christmas morning when that brown truck pulls up....lol.

Yes, I am a kid in a mans body!

iPhone 5 with an Otterbox Defender case on it going strong since the 5 was released.  As soon as I got the phone, it went right in the case.  It's been dropped a few times and in those few times, I'm sure I made the impact worse when I went to catch it and then just hit it making it go harder at the wall/floor/foot.  After I dropped my 4 up at Rausch Creek when I was wheeling and it bouncing off a few boulders, I thought it was done for, but, to my surprise there was hardly a mark on the case.  I've been a customer since then.

I did see that Otterbox now has an Armor series of cases for the iPhone 5.  My dad just stepped into the smartphone world last night when he ordered a 5 for himself and he liked my case so he decided to get one as well.  I'm sure he will put it thru it's paces since he loves to be outside doing yard work and up in the barn doing woodworking and metal fab.