Customer Service 866.965.0400

Glass Cleaner

2Fords

Question

Hey , Just got my first bottle of glass cleaner along with some of the new interior cleaner. My glass cleaner does not look like the color in the pictures . It looks like the color of the new interior detailer. It does smell different though. Looks like a pale green color. What do you guys think?

20 answers to this question

In order to prevent freezing there has to be a fair amount of alcohol content, if we did that it wouldn't be safe for window tint on the interior so you're talking about another product all together.

Personally I avoid using my wiper fluid at all costs.... so long as you keep your blades in good shape, a good coating of sealant on the glass, and don't let the buildup get too bad that need for washer fluid becomes somewhat limited save for unusual circumstances, not to mention its just horribly messy.

Adam's Glass Sealant has 4x (at least) the active ingredient as what can be found in Rain-X.

Quick Sealant works better on anything not glass.

Glass Cleaner in the washer tank will freeze, and yes, in extreme heat, will degrade it's effectiveness.

Mook

Edited by lax

Got to looking at these this morning. Snapped a cell phone pic. They are pretty musch the same color?

Mook, what do you think?attachicon.gifIMG00384-20130623-0800.jpg

I'm obviously not Mook, but that doesn't look right.  My GC is brighter green than the TID, which is almost a bluish-green.  Both are opaque.  GC and TID have very different scents.  Do yours smell different?

Ok...So lets revisit this real quick. The Glass Cleaner is prob my favorite Adams product. I buy it for use inside and outside my home as well as my vehicles. it is hands down the best glass cleaner on the planet. No streaks, no cloudy residue. Mirrors and glass seem to have been waxed after use. Ok...so can you tell I am a fan? So Naturally i'm concerned when the product changes sooo much in appearance and takes on a slightly stronger scent. Dylan? Somebody? Tell me it is as effective. And why the change? The Gallon on the right is one from a couple months ago. the one on the left I received today. I Will be putting it to a test in the sun light tomorrow.  ???

post-10775-0-15775100-1378859971_thumb.jpg

post-10775-0-97822300-1378861806_thumb.jpg

Ok...So lets revisit this real quick. The Glass Cleaner is prob my favorite Adams product. I buy it for use inside and outside my home as well as my vehicles. it is hands down the best glass cleaner on the planet. No streaks, no cloudy residue. Mirrors and glass seem to have been waxed after use. Ok...so can you tell I am a fan? So Naturally i'm concerned when the product changes sooo much in appearance and takes on a slightly stronger scent. Dylan? Somebody? Tell me it is as effective. And why the change? The Gallon on the right is one from a couple months ago. the one on the left I received today. I Will be putting it to a test in the sun light tomorrow.

Probably from the new bottling process.

The most recent batches of glass cleaner have a slightly 'milky' look to the green compared to previous batches. This is directly a result of our new bottling process which uses a continuous 'bubbler' to mix the product. Rather than mixing once and then bottling we now mix continuously. The introduction of air into the system has aerated the product to some degree... we saw a similar result with the first few runs of DS being a very pale color. 

The performance is still identical and its purely cosmetic. Nothing to worry about. If it really bugs you combine both bottles in equal parts to a new bottle... then you'll have a happy medium :)

As a side note - there are a fair number of freak outs about product coloring and I can see why it might lead you to think something is wrong, but its not something unique to our products. If you look at the VAST majority of products on the market the company uses an opaque bottle so you can't see the product... if you were to dump these products into clear containers you'd either see big discrepancies in color or just ugly beige and gray colored products. 

Most cleaners, dressings, and similar chemicals are not these attractive bright colors be default. We have to add coloration to them... so while it might seem like a big deal to see a few shade variation from one batch to the next, try to keep it in perspective. The products are all still mixed in small batches... about 275 gallons at a time and until Adam's is big enough to fully automate and computerize every single process some variation in the color of some products will happen. 

Edited by Dylan@Adams

I keep a 4oz. bottle in the side pocket of my door in my truck. It was the brighter green color but when I went to use it the other day it was a cloudy milkier color. Do you think this could be caused by the heat in the truck? The 16z. bottle that I refilled the 4oz. with that is stored in my basement is still the original green.

Well I would say they are of the same hue... But "very close", No. Thank you Dylan for for response. I am satisfied after having used the Glass Cleaner today. It does seem to go on a bit more thick or creamy compared to the other. However it worked nicely. Ron, I have read many posts of appearance change due to heat exposure concerning a variety of products.

The most recent batches of glass cleaner have a slightly 'milky' look to the green compared to previous batches. This is directly a result of our new bottling process which uses a continuous 'bubbler' to mix the product. Rather than mixing once and then bottling we now mix continuously. The introduction of air into the system has aerated the product to some degree... we saw a similar result with the first few runs of DS being a very pale color. 

The performance is still identical and its purely cosmetic. Nothing to worry about. If it really bugs you combine both bottles in equal parts to a new bottle... then you'll have a happy medium :)

As a side note - there are a fair number of freak outs about product coloring and I can see why it might lead you to think something is wrong, but its not something unique to our products. If you look at the VAST majority of products on the market the company uses an opaque bottle so you can't see the product... if you were to dump these products into clear containers you'd either see big discrepancies in color or just ugly beige and gray colored products. 

Most cleaners, dressings, and similar chemicals are not these attractive bright colors be default. We have to add coloration to them... so while it might seem like a big deal to see a few shade variation from one batch to the next, try to keep it in perspective. The products are all still mixed in small batches... about 275 gallons at a time and until Adam's is big enough to fully automate and computerize every single process some variation in the color of some products will happen.

Geez!! I thought everybody knew that!! J/K. As always, thanks for the detailed (no pun intended) explanation. Don't know of too many others companies that would take the time to do that.