Customer Service 866.965.0400

2 Coats of Patriot on the truck... No wait between

IrishCurse

Question

4 answers to this question

Seems to be a widely debated subject and also seems to vary from company to company.

I would wait until you hear from the people who created and tested this wax. (Adams crew) Unless one of the forum members is regurgitating what has been said by Adam, Dylan, Mook or whoever else.

I believe it has something to do with solvent evaporation after its been applied. Not sure though.

I would suspect no ill effects, probably just some wasted product. 

Waxes don't necessarily 'stack' all that well, so putting 2 coats on really close together generally just results in 1 thick coat type performance. 

If anything was to happen, I'd guess maybe a little hazy spot here or there, but even that seems unlikely with just 2 applications. You should be fine (other than the fact you burned one extra application)

Thanks guys, I figured as much.  No ill effects, wasted product if anything, perhaps some haze.  Patriot is not the wax to use when you're simply itching to put your hands on your ride.  I don't think Americana is either.  I keep reading differing opinions on the longevity of wax protection.  I've read that heat/sun really diminishes the protection?  I didn't realize that if its true.  The SS never sees rain, and is garaged other than when its in the parking lot while I'm at work.  I only drive it every once in a while so it doesnt see the elements much. 

The truck is a different story as it is outside 24/7.  To me, the SS won't benefit from a monthly wax session, especially since Americana and Patriot are all it gets hit with.  Not to mention it is sealed with AQS.  I feel the truck will benefit from a monthly session with Americana/Patriot and it too is sealed.  Am I on the right track here?  I do semiannual corrections on the truck, and do not want to strip protection until those scheduled corrections.  I cannot seal (again) the paint bc it is waxed and the sealant won't bond as well.  For these reasons, I feel the truck should be waxed monthly in between correction/sealant sessions.  Am I over-thinking this, or am I spot on?