Customer Service 866.965.0400

First time using Machine Super Sealant

PHILLIE PHANATIC

Question

Ok so today I got my shipment microfiber towels, wash mit, 4" pads, drying towel & MSS. Last month I clayed, swirl & haze remover, polished & waxed my black Corvette, looks great ! Now if I want to use the MSS do I have to remove the wax? All my hard work :help: ! I know it's not hard to re-wax, and I know that I should put a coat of wax over the sealant, but I didn't want to strip the wax on there now if I didn't have to. :xfingers:  Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

12 answers to this question

you can MSS on the wheels but if you do that make sure it goes on extremely thin or youll have trouble removing it.  you can also put wax on your wheels, it might be easier.

The best option IMO is using Quick Sealant on wheels, between longevity and ease of use.  

you can MSS on the wheels but if you do that make sure it goes on extremely thin or youll have trouble removing it.  you can also put wax on your wheels, it might be easier.

The best option IMO is using Quick Sealant on wheels, between longevity and ease of use.

Everyone has you pretty much covered here.

I completely agree with Jason about the quick sealant. Probably the best and easiest spray sealant (aerosol or liquid spray) I have ever used and lasts a long time. If you apply carnauba to your wheels it will wear off pretty quickly because of the heat your wheels create.

You can also strip the old wax with Isopropyl Alcohol (90%) mixed 50/50 with distilled water.  Wipe or mist the surface with this solution, and wipe it around like you are cleaning a window, and that will strip off the wax.  You can do it panel by panel, as needed.

Washing with APC or Simple Green or Dawn will strip everything including the rubber gasketing and plastics on which you have SVRT.

Thanks guys, I'm new to detailing ( I've only done 3 cars ) but I'm hooked ! :willy: As much work as it is, it's very fulfilling and relaxing. And I am totally Adamized, I love everyone of their products that I have tried. I have a Porter Cable 7424 XP and love it. I currently own 5 vehicles so I will be kept busy. "GET YOUR SHINE ON" (Florida-Georgia Line) :thumbsup:

This is a garaged weekend driver, I don't think it will wear off too quickly.

Just curious, why do you want to seal if:

#1 it's a Garage Queen?

#2 it's already waxed?

You should be good for now with just the wax you've already applied. Seal it after your next correction. Just my .02