Customer Service 866.965.0400

Order of applications

Dennis SS

Question

What order would I you apply the final products on my black Camaro? Do you seal then wax then glaze? Is it over kill to do all three? Since they all have different heat resistance I imagine it would be sealant, wax then glaze.

Im getting ready for a car show and the bad part is that I have to drive over an hour and it will be early so that means bugs and dew. When I get to my destination i hit it up my Camaro with waterless wash for the bugs and detail spray the rest. Will that remove all the waxing and glaze?

Dennis

8 answers to this question

Seal, Glaze, Wax...  

The glaze has enough distillates in it that it'll cut the wax you laid down if you put it over it so sandwich it between the sealant and wax and you're golden! 

The common consensus is to seal, allow to rest, whipe residue, allow to cure, then glaze, with wax being your last step.

Detail spray will not remove the wax, which in its own way is protecting the glaze.

It's actually amazing how much detail spray alone makes water bead.  I washed a friends car and did a detail spray whipe down to dry.  the car has not seen wax in years, and was pleased to see that it had some beading. 

The common consensus is to seal, allow to rest, whipe residue, allow to cure, then glaze, with wax being your last step.

Detail spray will not remove the wax, which in its own way is protecting the glaze.

It's actually amazing how much detail spray alone makes water bead.  I washed a friends car and did a detail spray whipe down to dry.  the car has not seen wax in years, and was pleased to see that it had some beading. 

Clean paint beads.

Most people will say glaze first, then wax over it...which does indeed work fine,  but I personally get the best results and most pop from Brilliant Glaze as a top coat.  I almost feel like I'm wasting it when I glaze the car with it then wax over it.   I know that's not the common belief around here that glaze can break down the wax a bit, but unless you're one of those "wax it once a year" types (any you aren't or you wouldn't be here!)  the glaze doesn't seem to hurt the wax protection enough to make a difference.   I wax with Americana, then a couple days later add a thin coat of Brilliant Glaze... usually right before I take the car out on a sunny day.  The pop you get with brilliant glaze as a "final step" works best for me.

Edited by joeybsyc

My car is beading like crazy and it only has factory wax from the dealer from 9 months ago and my usual detail spray applications after each wash. The car was brand new when I got it so the fact that it's clean, great condition paint, even just detail spray makes it pop! That being said, it's time I finally strip it, seal, and wax my way. :2thumbs:

Clean paint beads.

Yes, clean paint beads, after clay/polish.  A non clayed/polished car that simply got a bath will not bead.  There is enough friction in the contaminants to keep the water in film form.

That would make it not clean if it needed clay and Polish! if you keep up on washing like intended, and wax prior to the wax dissipating a lot of the time very little claying needs to be done

Edited by crazycody93