Customer Service 866.965.0400

Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner

Performance Auto Detailing

Question

This was from about a month ago or so when I first got the Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner. With all the positive reviews I heard about the product I went ahead and got a gallon of it before trying it out. I was dying to try it out when I got it, so I took one of my older really dirty Acura mats from my garage out to test it on. Couldn't be easier to use, spray it on, scrub with the Carpet Brush and wipe away the dirt. Amazing how much cleaner the mats look!

post-9653-0-47344500-1374521718_thumb.jpg

Edited by lax

14 answers to this question

I use it almost daily to clean up after our 7 month old...  He's got this erping issue after he drinks a bottle down and he always seems to be on the rug in front of our sofa.  

Best CC I've used. 

I use it almost daily to clean up after our 7 month old...  He's got this erping issue after he drinks a bottle down and he always seems to be on the rug in front of our sofa.  

Best CC I've used. 

Agreed, I really do miss the strong chemical smell from my old carpet cleaner though!

....not

Oh yeah, CC has saved my life numerous times within the last few weeks. We sold our house, then the inevitable happened..our dog got sick, and would only throw up on carpet. Ha!....btw we are having them professionally cleaned once furniture is moved out

Oh yeah, CC has saved my life numerous times within the last few weeks. We sold our house, then the inevitable happened..our dog got sick, and would only throw up on carpet. Ha!....btw we are having them professionally cleaned once furniture is moved out

Sounds like something I am currently going through  :unsure:

I really like this product as well and only after using it for one quick test! I have a shop vac, interior stiff carpet brush, and tons of microfiber towels to use. So far just wiping away with microfiber towel after carpet is agitated as per the instructional videos. Has anyone experimented with hosing down their mats with water after the product is agitated? Then drying with wet vac?

I'm also curious about extractors or any other hardware to take carpet cleaning to the next step beyond just product, brush, and towels. Or, if that is producing great results for most people I may just stick with that and save the money! Anyone use a different product in conjuction with the Carpet and Upholstry Cleaner for isolated heavy stains that may need a bit more?

Edited by Brunkel

I really like this product as well and only after using it for one quick test! I have a shop vac, interior stiff carpet brush, and tons of microfiber towels to use. So far just wiping away with microfiber towel after carpet is agitated as per the instructional videos. Has anyone experimented with hosing down their mats with water after the product is agitated? Then drying with wet vac?

I'm also curious about extractors or any other hardware to take carpet cleaning to the next step beyond just product, brush, and towels. Or, if that is producing great results for most people I may just stick with that and save the money! Anyone use a different product in conjuction with the Carpet and Upholstry Cleaner for isolated heavy stains that may need a bit more?

Well, I had pictures but they are long since gone. Have not hosed down mats but I did use Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner in a rug doctor machine with great success. It was a large white burber area rug. Did half the rug and let it completely dry before I made any conclusions. The results were jaw dropping. We do not even wear shoes in the house but the amount of grime the bucket was filled with was scary. However, to see an actual bright white rug again was pretty amazing. Actually, the reason I used the rug doctor was the fact that I treated a couple of spots and had a couple of patches that were now much different color than the rest. The rug was way too big to tackle by hand so I tried the machine. Results were fantastic. Which is why I bought a gallon of that stuff!

Long story short, many other Adams products have found their way into the house for cleaning. Metal polish is great for stainless appliances. All purpose cleaner works on about anything without worrying too much about damage. I just got my first can of quick sealant and am going to try that on shower doors.

Anyone try that with good results?

Well, I had pictures but they are long since gone. Have not hosed down mats but I did use Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner in a rug doctor machine with great success. It was a large white burber area rug. Did half the rug and let it completely dry before I made any conclusions. The results were jaw dropping. We do not even wear shoes in the house but the amount of grime the bucket was filled with was scary. However, to see an actual bright white rug again was pretty amazing. Actually, the reason I used the rug doctor was the fact that I treated a couple of spots and had a couple of patches that were now much different color than the rest. The rug was way too big to tackle by hand so I tried the machine. Results were fantastic. Which is why I bought a gallon of that stuff!Long story short, many other Adams products have found their way into the house for cleaning. Metal polish is great for stainless appliances. All purpose cleaner works on about anything without worrying too much about damage. I just got my first can of quick sealant and am going to try that on shower doors.Anyone try that with good results?

I haven't used quick sealant on the shower doors but do use the glass sealant. It lasts for months. Did a side by side comparison between no glass sealant vs glass sealant. After quite a few months I stopped testing because the glass sealant side still looked almost crystal clear and the other side NEEDED a serious cleaning. The entire shower glass area is now treated and looks great. All I do occasionally is use my hand to wipe the glass down when it is wet. Only have to "clean" the glass every 6 months or so and then re-seal the glass.

I haven't used quick sealant on the shower doors but do use the glass sealant. It lasts for months. Did a side by side comparison between no glass sealant vs glass sealant. After quite a few months I stopped testing because the glass sealant side still looked almost crystal clear and the other side NEEDED a serious cleaning. The entire shower glass area is now treated and looks great. All I do occasionally is use my hand to wipe the glass down when it is wet. Only have to "clean" the glass every 6 months or so and then re-seal the glass.

You would have to remind me of the one product I have yet to try! Now I need that and the new addicted shirt.. Someone please help!

I did an interior detail today and was very impressed (yet again) with the carpet and upholstery cleaner. I put it side by side with another product and the Adam's one pulled up way more dirt. Will definitely be buying a gallon soon. This was after one pass on the driver's side floor...

988288_473109779452538_1069961555_n.jpg

I ended up keeping a bucket of hot water nearby and would soak my brush in there first before scrubbing on the carpet. Seemed to work really well.