Customer Service 866.965.0400

Sidekick Absolutely Worth Every Penny, and More!

IrishCurse

Question

The monsoon season arrived late here in NM, so detailing my fiancee's Jeep that's stored outside has been tricky.  I'd like it to stay looking good for a day or two, is that too much to ask!?  LOL.

I decided to detail her interior and engine bay yesterday.  It gave me the chance to touch a vehicle, as I like to at least once a weekend.  I ordered the sidekick a couple weeks back, and its been on the shelf since then.  I received a Vac and Blow 500 with my ultimate kit that got me started with Adams .5 years ago or so.  It's all I've known, so I was content blowing water from badges, jambs, wheels, grills, etc. with that machine.  I pulled my shiny sidekick out to dry her engine bay after the final rinse, plugged it in, and flipped the switch... Unbelievable, unexpected power from such a small, easy-to-handle machine.  It made VERY short work of her engine back, I even had my fiancee plug it in, start it, and let the wind fly after I was done.  She could honestly care less about my Adams supplies, or other detailing machines, but her face lit up with a smile when she felt the power of the little machine.  I was on the fence, discounted the power of the machine, and hesitated ordering the unit even though glowing reviews and experiences are posted quite often in the forums.  Because of that, I just had to write my own.  I'm looking at the Master Blaster for whole vehicle drying (8 HP peak power), but the Sidekick is the go to for intricate water elimination/extraction.  If the Sidekick moves this much air @ 1.3 HP, that 8 HP peak MB machine has to be mind-boggling.

:jawdrop:

10 answers to this question

Couldn't agree more. I was on the fence for buying a Sidekick for months, as I couldn't justify the price, thinking that it would just be a  toy as opposed to something useful. The Sidekick went onto sale for a Daily Special, so I figured I'd give it a shot. The second I felt how sturdy and well built it was I knew I had waited far too long to buy one. That thing moves air like none other, and for its size, its that much more impressive. Couldn't praise the little guy enough!

I need to get one.  I've been using compressed air, but after a while (even with the generic oil and water separator) it seems like I sometimes get oil vapors coming out after its been running and gets hot, and I'm sure the neighbors like all the noise it makes.  I just don't know if it would be a hassle pulling out the extension cord every time if I were to switch to the sidekick. 

Yep, I love mine. It's definitely worth it's weight in gold for getting the never-ending amount of water out of your mirrors and trim. I'd LOVE to have the 8 hp Master Blaster, but I don't detail for a living, so the hefty price tag isn't something I can justify at this point. Sometime though, I'll get one.

I just bought a MB... so now the sidekick is on 2nd string.  :(

I'll use the sidekick for lesser tasks.  The perfect example is when detailing small areas such as the wheels, engine, etc.  Sometimes I take care of just one area, the sidekick willbe perfect for that and the MB for bigger, whole-vehicle drying tasks.

I used mine yesterday after brushing out my Golden Retriever.  I take him outside and brush him, bit there are still a TON of hairs in his coat.  I take it and blow him off and the amount of hair is UNREAL!   Less in the house is a WIN!

I use it on the vehicles too.  I do it differently than most though.  I dry the car first and then go around and hit the trouble areas.  I get mega spotting if I use it as a drying aid in the heat.  

Chris

The Sidekick is great.  If they made it with a 24 volt battery pack it would be even better....

I'm a big fan of cordless tools, but you woluld need a HUGE battery to run a sidekick for more than 3 minutes.  I find the weight of it perfect now, adding any more would make it awkward.