Customer Service 866.965.0400

Washing your detailing towels and applicator pads

EPOCH

Question

:: Question :: 

I wanted to wash my detailing towels and some of my applicator pads. I was going to wash them in the washer separately but wasn't sure how it would effect them. Any suggestions? 

Edited by EPOCH

11 answers to this question

I've done it in the past without issue, but anymore, I do them by hand because it does a better job getting them clean.  

I use Adams MF cleaner or APC.  

Thanks man I was looking at that microfiber cleaner looks promising and the reviews are great. 

I wash my microfibers together and my towels together, but not the two of them together.  And I use the Microfiber Revitalizer and liquid detergent.  I wash them in the washing machine in hot water, cold rinse, and I dry them in the dryer on low heat..............NO fabric softener!!

I also machine wash my Microfiber.  I spot treat with APC and use Microfiber Revitalizer & Brightener along with perfume & softener free detergent on a warm water, gentle wash, extra rinse.  I hand wash my applicator pads, with Dawn.

All are air-dried.

I wash my microfibers with Tide Fragrance/Dye Free and then let them air dry on a drying rack. If put them in a dryer I get lint in the microfibers. I also use hot water and sometimes an extra rinse cycle. My pads I spray some All Purpose Cleaner on them and let that soak for 5-10 minutes followed by soaking them in Dawn. I rinse well afterwards and let air dry.