Customer Service 866.965.0400

Detail Spray Color

RC_Stang

Question

I keep 3 bottles of DS. I noticed when I just got my replacement gallon that it was deeper and darker pink than my spray bottles, which looked lighter, more white, slightly faded, or whatever other adj you want to use.  They are all the new formulation.

Is this normal?  What cause it?  Is it still as great to use despite this?
Thanks

RC

11 answers to this question

I am told it is the new automated bottling system being used by the bottling company. The produce is constantly moving and aerated in the bottling process to eliminate sediment thus causing the lighter color. Nothing to worry about the quality of the product has not changed.

Correct. No need to be concerned about the colors. We have recently started bottling a different way that uses a 'bubbler' (wand that pumps air into the tank continuously during bottling) to keep the batches mixed during the process. 

We use to mix, bottle, then mix again as it began to get towards the bottom. The last part of every batch was tossed out because it was inconsistent parts of the product. 

With the new continuous mixing process the entire batch is perfectly consistent, but one problem that has arose is the introduction of all that air has caused some products to look 'milky'. Most notable on glass cleaner and detail spray so far. 

We've tweaked the system to correct for it, but as far as function theres no difference in the performance. 

I was a little shocked on my last shipment. I thought I had bottles of Brilliant Glaze. I've used this Discolored Detail Spray and it works as good as it ever has.

As you can see there is a considerable difference in color. My shipments never sit outside in the sun when they arrive.

post-8351-0-72550800-1376593183_thumb.jpg

Correct. No need to be concerned about the colors. We have recently started bottling a different way that uses a 'bubbler' (wand that pumps air into the tank continuously during bottling) to keep the batches mixed during the process. 

We use to mix, bottle, then mix again as it began to get towards the bottom. The last part of every batch was tossed out because it was inconsistent parts of the product. 

With the new continuous mixing process the entire batch is perfectly consistent, but one problem that has arose is the introduction of all that air has caused some products to look 'milky'. Most notable on glass cleaner and detail spray so far. 

We've tweaked the system to correct for it, but as far as function theres no difference in the performance. 

My stuff is in the garage, but not sunlight. 

It does look a little milky white-pink, and I think it looked deeper when I got this last batch a few months ago.

So this new gallon I just bought...will that stay deep pink or will that probably change also.

Thanks Dylan

RC

My stuff is in the garage, but not sunlight. 

It does look a little milky white-pink, and I think it looked deeper when I got this last batch a few months ago.

So this new gallon I just bought...will that stay deep pink or will that probably change also.

Thanks Dylan

RC

Your new one will stay that color pink since it wasn't mixed and filled with the bubbler in place.