Customer Service 866.965.0400

So many great products, but what is best for me?

Impact13

Question

post-10940-0-06302000-1377868160_thumb.jpgpost-10940-0-25145900-1377868180_thumb.jpgI have a 2013 Mustang GT that I bought new a little over a year ago. The car is garage kept and only has 1,400 miles- I only use it on nice days to go for a cruise or a local show. When I first purchased the car I used Adam's clay bar once to remove some slight contaminants. To maintain shine I use Adam's detail spray regularly to keep the dust off, I wax it a few times a year with Adam's Americana and before a show I will give it a coat of Adam's Brilliant Glaze. I have always been very impressed with the shine & depth this combination gives the paint. But with all the hype about the Adam's Buttery Car Wax  "NEW FORMULA" I am wondering what would be best?

7 answers to this question

If you are happy with what you are doing - keep it up.

No need to use Buttery if you are happy w/ Americana.  Buttery Wax is a bit easier to apply and remove but Americana lasts a lot longer and looks even better (IMHO).

attachicon.gifDSC03525.JPGattachicon.gifDSC03530.JPGI have a 2013 Mustang GT that I bought new a little over a year ago. The car is garage kept and only has 1,400 miles- I only use it on nice days to go for a cruise or a local show. When I first purchased the car I used Adam's clay bar once to remove some slight contaminants. To maintain shine I use Adam's detail spray regularly to keep the dust off, I wax it a few times a year with Adam's Americana and before a show I will give it a coat of Adam's Brilliant Glaze. I have always been very impressed with the shine & depth this combination gives the paint. But with all the hype about the Adam's Buttery Car Wax  "NEW FORMULA" I am wondering what would be best?

Dont even think twice about going to Buttery Wax from Americana.  There's no comparison whatsoever between a quality paste wax and a low budget liquid wax.

If you are happy with the look, performance, and application ease of Americana theres no need to grab Buttery. 

Now if you want something thats easier to apply then give it a shot, if there is any one drawback to Americana its that its not as easy to apply as a liquid. Still WAY easier than most paste waxes out there, but it does require a bit more work than a liquid like Buttery does. 

Before considering changing your wax I'd consider adding a polishing step to your process... even though the car has almost no miles I'd be willing to be it could be improved slightly with a quick pass of Paint Finishing Polish with a machine or even a quick hit with Revive by hand before going to BG and Americana. 

Just a suggestion. 

Plus one on the polishing. Even if you don't have a power polisher hitting that thing with just Revive would really make it pop. I've got a 2012 GT/CS and there is another member with a 2013 GT/CS. We've both taken the dive on polishing (though ours have seen more road time) and couldn't be more pleased with the results. I did a little write-ups on my detail in the "Detailing Write-up" section if you want to take a look.

Here's a link: http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/24657-black-2012-gtcsand-my-first-ever-detail-to-boot/page-2?do=findComment&comment=392811

Beautiful car BTW!

Edited by DonJuan692006

Thanks for the input guys, just placed another $237 order. Going to stick with my normal routine on the Mustang- plus the Revive (thanks for the recommendation). Also ordered some of the new Buttery for the F-150 daily driver.

Thanks for the input guys, just placed another $237 order. Going to stick with my normal routine on the Mustang- plus the Revive (thanks for the recommendation). Also ordered some of the new Buttery for the F-150 daily driver.

Same here, about to place another order to get my daily driver "buttery"... but I LOVE Adam's Patriot wax on my 13' Boss 302 SBY!