Customer Service 866.965.0400

Resurrection supplies -PLEASE CHIME IN

alenv10

Question

I was wondering what all of you guys think i will need to do a FULL resurrection.

PAINT-2 stage polish, sealant, wax/ INTERIOR-carpet, dash, doors, seats (leather)

WHEELS-chrome. green wheel cleaner or deep wheel? VRT, APC

Supplies for paint

----------------------

1. Paint correcting polish

2. Paint finishing polish

3. machine super sealant

4. buttery wax

5. detail spray

6. orange, white, grey pads

7. double soft microfiber

Supplies for Interior

--------------------------

1. Carpet/upholstery cleaner

2. Total interior detailer

3. Leather and Interior detailer

4. microfiber towel

Supplies for Wheels

1. All purpose cleaner

2. VRT

3. Green wheel cleaner or Deep wheel cleaner   (will deep wheel be safe on every finish?)

4. brushes

Am I missing stuff in any of the categories? and would I be fine with deep wheel with all finishes on wheels?

15 answers to this question

I was wondering what all of you guys think i will need to do a FULL resurrection.

PAINT-2 stage polish, sealant, wax/ INTERIOR-carpet, dash, doors, seats (leather)

WHEELS-chrome. green wheel cleaner or deep wheel? VRT, All Purpose Cleaner

Supplies for paint

----------------------

1. Paint correcting polish

2. Paint finishing polish

3. machine super sealant

4. buttery wax

5. detail spray

6. orange, white, grey pads

7. double soft microfiber

Supplies for Interior

1. Carpet/upholstery cleaner

2. Total interior detailer

3. Leather and Interior detailer

4. microfiber towel

Supplies for Wheels

1. All purpose cleaner

2. VRT

3. Green wheel cleaner or Deep wheel cleaner   (will deep wheel be safe on every finish?)

4. brushes

Am I missing stuff in any of the categories? and would I be fine with deep wheel with all finishes on wheels?

I've never seen anything suggesting DWC is not safe for all finishes. I would add the red pad for the polisher if you're going with BW for application vice doing it by hand. Depending how bad the interior is and what was used before I would suggest adding TIC to your list. I would highly suggest claying before polishing. You'll need more than one MF for the interior and exterior. I use a Great White Towel for drying, one for removing the clay residue, one for removing polish residue, one for removing MSS residue, and one for removing the BW residue. For the interior I would also suggest adding Adam's GC and glass MF as I can guarantee its the easiest window cleaner ever made and will result in a streak and lint free finish. If you plan to seal anything besides the paint (highly suggest windows) you'll need either QS or Glass Sealant.

In all honesty my biggest suggestion would be to save the heartache and grab one of the Ultimate kits. I did to get me started and the only thing I really missed out on was the metal polishes. Of course since then I've added almost another grand to my collection.

I got the green wheel cleaner

heres what i have right now order

detail spray

correcting/finishing polishes

buttery wax

super sealant

apc

total interior detailer

green wheel cleaner

leather and interior cleaner

carpet and upholstery cleaner

super vrt

YOU SAID "TIC" WHAT IS THAT?

alright thanks man. and i know about the clay, i have different clay i use now.  How many grams of clay do you use per claying?  i know you get 200grams in a jar, is that for 2 time use or? cuzz i like to clay quiet a bit just to keep it really smooth. will a lot of claying damage paint?

another quick question, i know this "cant be answered"

but how much correcting and finishing polish will i use up per detail?  just a close guess. it shouldn't be alot especially with foam pads.. right?3-4 oz per detail?

What are you detailing? I used maybe an ounce of each when I did my Mustang. Out of the 200g bar I managed to clay four cars, but two of them had never been done and were highly contaminated. My little brother also dropped a piece so it was dumped in the trash. I break mine into thirds.

Edited by DonJuan692006

For the clay - you may use both bars on a single car or they may last you for 10 cars, It depends on how bad the finish is.  If you are doing this for $ factor that into the price.  

The polishes should last for 5-10 cars too, Again, it depends on the condition of the paint.  A similar question was asked in this thread - http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/24941-newb-needing-to-do-a-paint-correction-before-selling-my-dd/   

You're missing the glass cleaner and glass cleaner towels...Wouldn't want to go through all that work and have dirty glass. Also quick sealant is faster for wheels. Deep wheel cleaner is for nasty wheels imo, and green for maintained wheels.

For the clay - you may use both bars on a single car or they may last you for 10 cars, It depends on how bad the finish is.  If you are doing this for $ factor that into the price.  

The polishes should last for 5-10 cars too, Again, it depends on the condition of the paint.  A similar question was asked in this thread - http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/24941-newb-needing-to-do-a-paint-correction-before-selling-my-dd/   

Oh thanks man!

I guess the clay i dont care buying quiet a bit, but I dont wanna spend $60 on 2 stage polishing system every 2 or 3 cars i do haha