Customer Service 866.965.0400

Pre-Winter Detail

Vink70

I wouldn't say my truck has been neglected but I tried to get it protected before the first snowfall and I was pretty close to that.

Did the whole strip wash, clay bar with the new clay, quick seal, glaze, wax...

I started this at the fire station and once I got done washing my Lt. came in to just "wash" his truck, which means pressure wash it and drive off. So I told him I had nothing to do and we could tackle it. So we decided it was time. Clay barred his truck which he had never heard of but could EASILY tell the difference. Then we hit it with the glaze and it made his truck POP. He has the black granite I think it is, like a black but with a ton of flake in it. Then waxed it and looked awesome! He didn't even want to drive it home it looked so clean. He bought me lunch for doing it. He felt bad. I told him, if I didn't enjoy doing it, I wouldn't be doing it then.

Sorry, back to mine. I try to take the best care of it I can but it does have its micro scratches. At least the pictures dont show it. I know come spring time that I will paint correct it. Will be my first time trying that out. Also, for the first time EVER, I detailed my truck, and its been more than 12 hours without it raining or snowing!!! Usually I get done, it looks baller, then it rains and ruins it all. So far I am on like 3 days and it still looks amazing!

20131127_174515_zps995414c9.jpg

20131127_174538_zps6d2b46b2.jpg

20131127_174526_zps8d37ea5c.jpg

But in the end, I do love me some black truck! Wasn't going to do much to the truck, but Ill see what happens. Its the ONLY debt my wife and I have. If anything, gotta decide between 2 or 2.5" leveling kit or a slight drop... Might snag a bug/stone deflector for it, some running boards that don't deflect rocks up to the body. Thats about it. Have yet to hear a good exhaust on it, or one that has any benefits... same with an intake. Spend $200+ for a cool sound and maybe 1mpg.

Oh well, truck is 22.5k miles old and I still love everything about it! Probably have it for a while and I'm ok with that!

Very nice looking truck, see if you can get your lt hooked to the shine as well. I have a custom magnaflow setup on my truck and love it along with the s&b intake. If you're looking for something to do with your truck you could always tint the front windows, it cleans up the look quite a bit.

Very nice looking truck, see if you can get your lt hooked to the shine as well. I have a custom magnaflow setup on my truck and love it along with the s&b intake. If you're looking for something to do with your truck you could always tint the front windows, it cleans up the look quite a bit.

Yeah he said its the nicest the truck has ever looked and it was an 09.

I just hear from everyone that when it goes into 4cyl mode exhauts sound terrible. Maybe way down the road...

As for intake, I would actually be happy with probably just the Airraid tube since I have the Z71 airbox, as well as the max trailering package... Get rid of all that big pipe thing with all the silencers and what not but the pipe is still $160. Insane for a chunk of plastic pipe...

Believe it or not, the fronts are tinted to 35% (not legal still in IL) Just did my wife's Camry 2 weeks ago and the same place that did mine got 30% in and it makes me jealous because it looks better than my 35%. My dad has 20% on his dmax but thats too dark for me at night.

In IL, since I have factory rear tint, legally I can't have front tint. If there was no tint on the truck from the factory, I could do 35% all the way around. Ill deal with the 35% on mine since I don't feel like peeling it off and having them do it darker. I mean I can't complain, $60 for both fronts and the windshield strip, lifetime warranty, suntek film.

Edited by Vink70

I don't know how you guys take your side mouldings off.... I did it on my Cavalier but that thing doesn't get parked near ANYTHING.

Since I park my truck at the apartment complex... No way could I take them off... That would be me asking for it...

Yeah he said its the nicest the truck has ever looked and it was an 09.

I just hear from everyone that when it goes into 4cyl mode exhauts sound terrible. Maybe way down the road...

As for intake, I would actually be happy with probably just the Airraid tube since I have the Z71 airbox, as well as the max trailering package... Get rid of all that big pipe thing with all the silencers and what not but the pipe is still $160. Insane for a chunk of plastic pipe...

Believe it or not, the fronts are tinted to 35% (not legal still in IL) Just did my wife's Camry 2 weeks ago and the same place that did mine got 30% in and it makes me jealous because it looks better than my 35%. My dad has 20% on his dmax but thats too dark for me at night.

In IL, since I have factory rear tint, legally I can't have front tint. If there was no tint on the truck from the factory, I could do 35% all the way around. Ill deal with the 35% on mine since I don't feel like peeling it off and having them do it darker. I mean I can't complain, $60 for both fronts and the windshield strip, lifetime warranty, suntek film.

My truck doesn't have 4 cylinder mode anymore haha so I don't get weird sounds but I have heard that from others.

I knew Illinois had some odd tint laws which made me a bit nervous when I was in Chicago a couple weeks ago. I have 5% over the factory rear, 35% front windows and a large brow which makes mine seem darker. I had 50 % windshield tint and 15% all around on my last truck and that was stupid dark. 35% seems to be about perfect for me driving daily.

Yeah I plan to keep my AFM...Im seeing 23mpg highway in the fair weather and 19mpg highway in the winter on winter blend fuel. The AFM issues seemed to be on the earlier trucks as well.

I still wish I had the 30% tint. I dont have a picture of the wife's car on here with the tint, but its awesome! She has a silver car but 30% on black would look perfect.

• 3 weeks later...

If say get the top gun customz 2.5 leveling kit. It really completes these trucks. You are right on with the airaid intake tube. Blackbear performance did a test and that was the intake that did the best. I googled advanced auto parts coupon code. With that I was able to get the airaid for $104 shipped. Where at in IL are you? I'm northwest suburbs.

If say get the top gun customz 2.5 leveling kit. It really completes these trucks. You are right on with the airaid intake tube. Blackbear performance did a test and that was the intake that did the best. I googled advanced auto parts coupon code. With that I was able to get the airaid for $104 shipped. Where at in IL are you? I'm northwest suburbs.

I had great success on my 08 with the Rough Country 2" leveling kit. Very simple install. Just not sure if I would need or want that extra with the 2.5". I might since I plan on getting running boards for it as well.

The running boards I WANT SO BAD are the ones that the Tahoe's use from GM. They are sealed against the whole rocker, and all the way up to the GM OEM mud flaps. These suckers right here...

2012_chevrolet_tahoe_lt_black_in_kino_ar

2008_chevrolet_tahoe_ls_black_in_canyon_

I want to try to find them for extended cab silverado. They fit tight up against the rocker so the rocks can't deflect off into the body and look WAY cleaner than any other ones.

I can get the Airaid MIT from Amazon for $108, free 2 day shipping, and 5% bonus points on my card for using it with Amazon this quarter. Probably order it tomorrow once I get another free $5 Amazon gift card ;)

Im originally from Dixon. 100 miles straight west of Chicago. Right now I live in Peoria.... home of CAT.