Customer Service 866.965.0400

Favor for a friend, but has disturbed plastic damage!

IrishCurse

Question

I am about to do some correcting for a friend and her husband.  Its actually to her husband's BMW 5 series that someone backed into while they were at dinner last week.  I am doing this free, and I will end up doing the whole car rather than the rear quarter panel without their knowledge because they are great people, its his baby, and its XMAS!  The plastic is disturbed rot the point that the paint is removed and jagged edges remain.  This is beyond my skill to repair without wet sanding, filling, and spraying.  If I try to polish this stuff it will simply eat my foam pads and potentially chew my micro pads.  Any help, thoughts, feelings, advice?  Anything is appreciated and welcome.

3 answers to this question

That's true for roughly .08% of the area. The rest can be corrected using our products, pads, tools, and techniques. I wasn't specific enough the first post, sorry. I assume I need to steer clear of this jagged plastic at all costs. I can't do any thing for it and it will destroy my pads, both foam and micro.

Edited by IrishCurse

Yeah...you are on the right track Mathew.  Don't go near the area.  Bumpers are a PITA, there are YouTube vid's that show you how to repair them, but I wouldn't attempt it.  He can get a full bumper repair at a body shop for $700-$1200.  Expensive, but if it's starts cracking and peeling, it's on them.