Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ford White Pearl

Rains

Question

Hi just recentley bought a new F150 Platinum. I Love the truck and I love the color but I just cant get great reflective abilities out of it. Im aware White is a hard color to get reflective ablilites but Ive seen other trucks seem to gleem more than mine. Any recommendations I could do to really get some "bam" with this color??? Thanks in advance!

7 answers to this question

Id start with a decon wash using  APC mixed in with Shampoo and/or spraying the vehicle down with DWC then Clay Bar.  

Being that it is brand new Id either use Revive Polish by hand or via machine on a black pad or Paint Finishing Polish on a White Pad.

Top it off with a LSP of your choice.   

That should get you what you are looking for.  Also keep in mind it being a Pearl White it won't necessarily show a "gleem" as if it were a pure (non-metallic) bright white color.  

Edited by JHL88

I have 2010 plat oxford white and my last truck was also white. You can make it shine with adams. Watch the videos and go to it. Do it the way they say and you won't go wrong. A couple of years ago Adam followed me from a dinner to our motel. While looking at the truck he told me the paint is great, now do the under carriage. You can get good reflection by doing it right. I do mine twice a year and put wax on it every time I get a chance. Use the flex if you have one.

Thanks for all the replies, yes I did clay. The truck is not brand new. I bought it with 20k miles on it. What Ive done so far is decon wash, clay, revive by hand, quick sealant for protection and topped it off with Americana. Yes it has a nice shine but not like Ive seen with the same exact color. Im really wondering if I need to start over and began with correcting polish just to see if there is any oxidation clouding the paint. Any thoughts?

It would not hurt.  

Pick a test area that is representative of rest of the truck and tape off a 2 ft.. x 2 ft. area.  Try the PFP on a white pad and see if it looks better than unpolished area and the swirls are gone.  if the swirls remain, try another section pass and check it again.  If the swirls remain, move up the the PCP on an orange foam pad, reivew, and repeat.  if the swirls STILL remain, step up the PCP on the MF pads, then finish with PFP.  

My wife has a Kia Optima with the white tri-coat with the pearl, and it doesn't put off that super shine like some other paints. It does look very good though I've noticed those white pearl paints look the brightest under a soft light just as the sun goes down.

Michael I will try that. Hopefully I wont have to go that extreme. Brian, your right, its just one of those colors that looks really awesome, but sometimes in certain light just doesn't have that blinding shine. Thanks for the advice fella's!