Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Silverad Owner

Holder

You will love the Silverado. I am driving them all the time and they are great driving. The 2WD with the G80 locking diff diff is a great combo and keeps the truck a lot lower. I have found them to work fine in the snow and Ice. Most people that 4WD don't really need it.

shoot, my G80 in my 01 went kaboom with 35's.  When I bought my 08, first thing I did was dump the G80 and installed a true trac

Congrats on your new toy man!  I bet the wife will fall in love with this thing!  I love it!

Thanks man. I thinks she loves it more than I do. Took her about a week to get used to. The room in the back seat is amazing. We'll be doing a lot of traveling this summer and my boy can't even come close to kicking the back of my seat.

Is that thing dropped yet?!? ;)

It's coming. I'm waiting on the Belltech kit to arrive. Should be done by March 8th.

dude, that escalade is nasty...you should be ashamed to let it get that dirty, ha!

If it was mine it wouldn't look like that. However I did get the owner all set up with everything he needs to polish and maintain that bus you call an Escalade.

shoot, my G80 in my 01 went kaboom with 35's.  When I bought my 08, first thing I did was dump the G80 and installed a true trac

Something must have been out of wack  -- the local GM trainer has a G80 cutaway that he keeps with him and the design is really very simple. I have always found the G80 to be a solid diff. We are always moving cars and trucks when it snows and the VAN's would not move without the G80. If you still have the one you took out I will take it.

Something must have been out of wack  -- the local GM trainer has a G80 cutaway that he keeps with him and the design is really very simple. I have always found the G80 to be a solid diff. We are always moving cars and trucks when it snows and the VAN's would not move without the G80. If you still have the one you took out I will take it.

unfortunately I don't, sold it when I switched it out in 08.  you are correct, the design is very simple, I guess it couldn't handle the additional stress of the added mass the tires/rims put on it

Thanks man. I thinks she loves it more than I do. Took her about a week to get used to. The room in the back seat is amazing. We'll be doing a lot of traveling this summer and my boy can't even come close to kicking the back of my seat.

the additional legroom in the 2nd row is nice and GM had to do this b/c the F150, Tundra, and new Ram had a buttload (technical term, ha) of legroom which the Sierra/Silvy didn't have in the GMT900's.  That is my one complaint on my 08 crew cab is the lack of legroom in the 2nd row

• 2 weeks later...

This weekends project. We'll see how it goes. It's Gona be a 3/5" drop. All Belltech components, waiting on shocks. I'll give this a go with just myself. If all goes well I will finally get it polished and protected inside and out. I'm excited to try out a fabric coating on the interior as well as the fabric fender well liners. She'll get 2 coats of AQS. I may even throw a coat or 2 in the Linex Bed liner to prevent it from fading.

post-8351-0-67784400-1393985598_thumb.jpg

Edited by Holder