Customer Service 866.965.0400

what the difference? interior detailer vs leather and interior cleaner

PostalTwo

Question

12 answers to this question

ahh thats too bad i was hoping to use detailer from the description of it . i cant stand girly smells ie fruit baby powder etc so maybe ill try the cleaner and leather conditioner combo. its my impression the leather conditioner smells like leather? is this correct? 

ok well we'll see on the detailer thinkin that im def gonna pickup some leather conditioner for sure i really like the way it looks in the video and ive got leather interior. the description of the smell on the foum posts ive read is exactly what im looking for.Thanks for the info. cheers

The TID won't make your car smell like baby powder. The scents are mostly so the product is pleasant to use, especially in close quarters like your interior. I use TID to maintain my interiors throughout the warm months and have never had anyone mention that they smell baby powder or baby wipes. Nothing to worry about with the scent.

If you have a new or like-new interior that just needs some general maintenance, go with TID. If you have an older or neglected interior that needs some cleaning and/or rejuvenating, you may want to opt for the LIC and LC combo.

The TID won't make your car smell like baby powder. The scents are mostly so the product is pleasant to use, especially in close quarters like your interior. I use TID to maintain my interiors throughout the warm months and have never had anyone mention that they smell baby powder or baby wipes. Nothing to worry about with the scent.

thats is my biggest worry i dont want a baby powder smellin car i like manly smells. i dont use any kind of air freshners in my cars because i dont like most smells all the freshners out there are all fruit, vanilla etc. if i was goin to use one it would be "new car" not that it really smells like one but its better than fruit. all my favorite interior products have a nice smell thats not fruity. 

I like the idea of something that smells like leather.My vehicle is brand new its got 2000 kms on it (1242 miles) and has leather interior.I love the new car smell it has, and do not want to ruin it.The last car I owned from new I had it 2 years and it still smelled like new when I traded it I loved it. People getting in my car 1.5 yrs later would comment on how it smelled "new"

Edited by PostalTwo

thats is my biggest worry i dont want a baby powder smellin car i like manly smells. i dont use any kind of air freshners in my cars because i dont like most smells all the freshners out there are all fruit, vanilla etc. if i was goin to use one it would be "new car" not that it really smells like one but its better than fruit. all my favorite interior products have a nice smell thats not fruity. 

I like the idea of something that smells like leather.My vehicle is brand new its got 2000 kms on it (1242 miles) and has leather interior.I love the new car smell it has, and do not want to ruin it.The last car I owned from new I had it 2 years and it still smelled like new when I traded it I loved it. People getting in my car 1.5 yrs later would comment on how it smelled "new"

Total Interior Detailer is just a 'clean' smell, but does not linger too long.  Leather Conditioner does smell like leather, so maybe the way to go.  But you will need to use LIC first.  A 50% dilution of LIC & water would be the place to start.