Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam's on a 1995 Lawn-Boy Mower

Pure Kinetics

It's great fun unless you get all the emails and PM's with complaints that they didn't win, or someone cheats which has happened on more than one occasion.  We tried so many ways to make it fair and keep people from ruining the fun, but in the end we never could.  

Way to go on the cleaning!  Looks great!  Those staggered wheel LB's are the BEST at cutting grass and leaving it perfect looking!

The only issue with them is if you want to bag, you have this thing hanging off the side getting in your way.  

Chris

AWESOME!

I used to run that exact model when I was a kid!  Spent an entire summer push mowing close to 2 acres before my parents finally caved in and bought a rider the next year!!  :lol:

Did they give you that line "it builds character". Mine did.

Those are great mowers, I've rebuilt the engine on mine twice.

If it were my own mower, I would probably attempt a rebuild just for the fun of it.  It was missing the foam pre-filter as well so I'll have to replace that.  Replacement wheels are looking pretty expensive, may look for used ones.

It's great fun unless you get all the emails and PM's with complaints that they didn't win, or someone cheats which has happened on more than one occasion.  We tried so many ways to make it fair and keep people from ruining the fun, but in the end we never could.  

Way to go on the cleaning!  Looks great!  Those staggered wheel LB's are the BEST at cutting grass and leaving it perfect looking!

The only issue with them is if you want to bag, you have this thing hanging off the side getting in your way.  

Chris

Send em my way! I'll take care of them! Haha!

:banned:

Edited by Kingsford

I've got one myself. Funny story about it. About 8 years ago when we moved into my house a friend gave it to me. It was old; he'd given up doing his own lawn and had hired someone to do it so the mower was just sitting around. This was the first time i had a lawn of my own and he just gave it to me. It's a 2-stroke, self-propelled, 6.5hp. I figured I'd just use it until it died then get a nice one. But wouldn't you know it starts up on the 2nd or 3rd pull every time... I've never done a thing to it. No new spark plug, never had to sharpen the blade, nothing. Damn good mower. 

All this talk of lawn boy mowers brings back memories of an old one my parents had when I was growing up 30+ years ago. This mower was inherited from a great great aunt and was much older, as back in the days when lawn boy was not green but gold color. Old 2 cycle with what I think was an aluminum block. Worked great, started easy, pushed easy, until the day the cylinder wall broke open!

Nice job on the detail!

Love to see these other types of details!

Edited by DaveVY