Customer Service 866.965.0400

invisible undercarriage spray on engine?

SVT01LIGHTNING

Question

Hi Ernie! How about: NO! :eek: That product is slightly flammable, and it would be a BAD idea to put it near spark.

Besides, the VRT, put in a spray bottle, with 1/3 water, is a better method to accomplish a detailed motor. :thumbsup:

Hi Ernie! How about: NO! :eek: That product is slightly flammable, and it would be a BAD idea to put it near spark.

Besides, the VRT, put in a spray bottle, with 1/3 water, is a better method to accomplish a detailed motor. :thumbsup:

:snap:yea that would not be good lol had no idea it was flammable....ill try the spray bottle method

I didn't know that :willy:

I'll put that in my memory bank:thumbsup:

Adam how does that 1/3 mixture work in a used sample detail spray bottle?:confused:

i think i read this in another thread but couldnt find it....im gettin ready to get sum APC to clean up my engine and since in and out is gone has anyone use the undercarriage spray on the engine?(hoses,plastics,etc.)

I read the same thing also. It was on a post that someone (won't name) posted on a one day sale on the undercarriage spray. That was the first I heard of that. I'm glad that Adam piped in and said no.......:explode:don't do that.

Later,

Really? Never thought about doing that. Are the results the same as undiluted? Are water spots a problem?

:hi: Hey Adam & Gang, On the web site under the description of the Undercarriage spray the tip says that you can spray on the engine compartment :confused: Later ,Chris

Sure does, I'll let Adam and crew know. Nice catch !!!!!

TIP: Adam's Invisible Undercarriage Spray isn't just for fender wells. It's also a great dressing for your engine compartment. After washing and drying your engine thoroughly, simply mist Adam's Invisible Undercarriage Spray over the entire area and wipe in well with an old towel. Adam's Invisible Undercarriage Spray makes plastic and rubber look new again, shines painted surfaces, and keeps aluminum and anodized parts from corroding. Do not spray Adam's Invisible Undercarriage Spray on a hot engine.

16 oz. Spray.

I STAND CORRECTED! Asked our chemist, and a few detailers that use this product, and they both say that the potential for causing any damage on or around the motor is slim-to-zip.

Hence, the recent write-up stating that it's okay to use in the engine compartment.

Learn something new every day, and thanks for calling my attention to this my friends!:thumbsup:

Edited by Adam

Wish that I had read this earlier. I used the Undercarriage spray on the engine. Everything looked great but after a quick run around town, my wife said "What burning?" we pulled back into the garage and when I opened the hood it smelled BAAAAADDDDD! Luckily no visible damage. But I am not convinced that there was not an open flame under there at some point.

Wish that I had read this earlier. I used the Undercarriage spray on the engine. Everything looked great but after a quick run around town, my wife said "What burning?" we pulled back into the garage and when I opened the hood it smelled BAAAAADDDDD! Luckily no visible damage. But I am not convinced that there was not an open flame under there at some point.

Did you spray it on the engine block itself?