Customer Service 866.965.0400

Do you clay the headlight, tailight area too?

JWP

Question

Going to do our first claying on my daughters new 2014 Mustang tomorrow, do you also go over the headlight and tailight areas or just skip them? There was slight water spots on the rear tailight panel, but not sure if the Revive might take them out. Is there any risk of scratching tailight area that is shiny black plastic? Any tips would be great. Thanks. 

10 answers to this question

Clay anything not cloth, textured, or painted flat/matte.
FYI: AQS will put a static charge on plastic that you could light a home with. Knock it down with WW or DS when done.

Oh, and the liquid paint sealant or even the MSS is fine on them.  I've done it more times than I can count and never had issues with it not being "optically clear".

What really makes lights POP, is polishing them.  My tails which I bought used looked great until I polished them and then they looked AMAZING! 

Chris

post-19-0-16264300-1397565008_thumb.jpg

Yes to claying, polishing, sealing.  Same with glass, same with wheels, same with headlights.

Chris I really like the tails on your GXP, are those Holden spec tails?

They're off of a V6 G8.

Quick, cell phone potato-quality pic:

20140413_154646(0).jpg

Polishing your headlights and tail lights will make a huge difference. Like Chris, when I first got my car, the tail lights were swirled - worse than the paint. But they corrected very quickly and easily with the PC and 4" pads. Now they look like rubies.

What Gerry said!  I'm going for the sleeper look...  I guess the GXP badge gives it away.  Of course when it's running, it's pretty obvious it's not quite a V6.